Final Arrived - Already Haved Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Final Arrived - Already Haved Upgrades

Originally Posted by TXVTX
Appreciate that. It is the Xensonic kit from http://autoxen.com/store/product30.html
Love your car--have any pictures of the headlights on? Did you replace the day time running lights and the headlights, or just one?

Old 12-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlacamp
Love your car--have any pictures of the headlights on? Did you replace the day time running lights and the headlights, or just one?
No photos of the new HIDs on but if I remember I take some. Basically they done a great job of adding extra light at night.

If I recall correctly the DRLs are really driven from the high beams but at a lower voltage. I typically won't change out the high beams so I can flash them when needed. Additionally with the low beams running HIDs I rarely use the high beams.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

TXVTX — The DRL's are achieved by driving the high beams through a transistor PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) circuit that switches them rapidly on and off, so that the net effect is to make them appear much less bright (and use much less power from the 12-volt battery). The transistor stays solidly "on" when the headlights are switched to high beam, or if you flash them. Be careful if you replace the high-beam bulbs with something different, or you may burn out the electronic control circuit!

Stan