Driving Condiitions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving Condiitions

Smilin' Jack — Well, my memory was a bit faulty! I checked my records, and I see that I had my block heater fitted on 2006 December 29, after just one month of cold weather here. The cost of the kit was C$80 (block heater + cord + thermally conductive grease), and fitting was extra. The Canadian kit part number was C0140-00889. From previous posts on this site it appears that US Toyota dealers were importing Canadian-made block heaters for their customers, but I don't know if this is still so. The P/N that Droid13 gave may represent a newer version, but I don't know what the changes (if any) might be. [My kit did not include installation instructions specifically for the TCH — I guess it was too new a model at the time. The only change might be updated instructions.]

Droid13 — I ran the cord through the lower radiator grille prior to having the dealer install the heater. This is possible to do, without breaking the plastic grille, provided you run the heater plug end of the cord through the grille from the outside, since this plug is smaller than the 3-pin mains plug at the outside end. I used cable ties to anchor the 3-pin plug firmly to the grille's slats, below the front license plate, so it's not very visible.

Stan

Old 09-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Smilin' Jack, my wife files all the papers out in our shop building in a filing cabinet. That's no mans land for me. I ask her to pull the receipt a few days ago. I will remind her again today.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
Smilin' Jack, my wife files all the papers out in our shop building in a filing cabinet. That's no mans land for me. I ask her to pull the receipt a few days ago. I will remind her again today.
Thanks. No rush. No sweat if no luck.

My wife files practically all the old paperwork I try to keep straight into the recycle bin (the real world one)

Jack

Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 AM

I found this number in one of my browsers toyota bookmark folders.
I put into google, Pyroil 001130021300889 which showed to be a SKU: but google would not recognize it like that. I did find it just by the using the Canadian manufacture and now it shows this as a part number. Evidently it's been replace by a newer unit.

Here below is the google results from the above number. It found two evidently older pages on the block heater. A phone call to either may give some information on this older number. I will still try to get the toyota part number I have on the receipt.

The price shown in the results was the price I paid at my Toyota dealer a year ago.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...89&btnG=Search

Last edited by rburt07; 09-09-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM

I found this number in one of my browsers toyota bookmark folders.
I put into google, Pyroil 001130021300889 which showed to be a SKU: but google would not recognize it like that. I did find it just by the using the Canadian manufacture and now it shows this as a part number. Evidently it's been replace by a newer unit.

Here below is the google results from the above number. It found two evidently older pages on the block heater. A phone call to either may give some information on this older number. I will still try to get the toyota part number I have on the receipt.

The price shown in the results was the price I paid at my Toyota dealer a year ago.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...89&btnG=Search
Jimmy,

Continued thanks.

As it happens, I was at the Toyota dealer for my 1st oil change when I received this reply. Only dealing with my Blackberry at the time, I did not open the link. I merely read the post and noted the manufacturer and the part no.

Then I went into the parts department and inquired about a block heater for the car. The desk hand never heard of a block heater (Remember, I'm in Houston, Texas), but with help from the warehouse he was able to find one. The manufacturer was the same, PYRO, and the part number was quite similar (001130021300900). He could not quote the wattage, but it was about $40.00 tax included, and the picture looked ok; so I ordered it.

When it comes in, I'll report on what I got, and probably ask here for some installation tips.

Jack

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 09-09-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: completeness
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 AM

It seems like the 3 last digits may be for the prius or camry. I ordered one a year ago and they sent it back and got the other number. If your parts dept. called to order it the distributor should be able to tell if the one he ordered was for the TCH.

This cylinder thing slips tightly into the block in the rear of the engine just above the power split, mg1, mg2 housing. It comes with some thermal grease you put over the heater before pushing it in. I think I had to use a rubber hammer and tap mine at one point then I could push it right in till it clicked in place.

Could be the 900 is for the prius and 899 for the TCH. I see this part # C0140-00889 that SPL used in '06 worked ok in his TCH. That's the same matching last 3 digits.

Last edited by rburt07; 09-09-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:35 PM

It seems like the 3 last digits may be for the prius or camry. I ordered one a year ago and they sent it back and got the other number. If your parts dept. called to order it the distributor should be able to tell if the one he ordered was for the TCH.

This cylinder thing slips tightly into the block in the rear of the engine just above the power split, mg1, mg2 housing. It comes with some thermal grease you put over the heater before pushing it in. I think I had to use a rubber hammer and tap mine at one point then I could push it right in till it clicked in place.

Could be the 900 is for the prius and 899 for the TCH. I see this part # C0140-00889 that SPL used in '06 worked ok in his TCH. That's the same matching last 3 digits.
Jimmy,

Thanks. I'm going to need to check on that P/N.

Jack

Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Dealer parts man confirmed that the ..........0900 P/N is supposed to be for the TCH. And he could not find a similar part with the .......0889 number.

We'll see what I actually receive when it comes in.

Jack

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Finally my wife pulled the toyota file in the shop out back. I copied this from my local toyota dealer's receipt.

Purchase date 08/23/07

Part # 00113-00213-00889 PYROIL ENGINE HEATER....................$38.49

Now I don't remember if this is the first or second heater he got for me. The first fit the Prius so he sent it back and exchanged it for one that would fit the TCH. This receipt though shows the 889 number.

Last edited by rburt07; 09-09-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 AM

Here are a few pictures if you page down when this ttora site opens. Here they are talking about similar heater numbers for a 4Runner.

The pictures of the heater cylinder and orange plug color are the same as mine.

My wife says this is the one I installed in the TCH with the 889 number. She said, the toyota parts man wrote up the receipt on the block heater I brought home to install.

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52142

Quick Reply: Driving Condiitions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands