Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Originally Posted by wdmark
I have the TCH with Bluetooth...no NAV. My system displays the incoming number. Originally I had a Motorola V710 (I think) and my current phone is a KRZR K1M and the carrier for both phones is Verizon. I believe both the phone and the carrier may impact the interaction with the Toyota Bluetooth...Check the Toyota website for guidance on compatible phones.

I know I was quite disappointed that there is no automated way to enter your phone's directory(mine has 350 contacts) into the car's system and/or use the voice dialing intelligence of the carrier to make calls by simply activating the cars microphone to interface to the phone's voice dialing. Maybe some hacker has cracked this. Best I've done is to manually enter key numbers and assign speed dial. Please do post anything else you learn here. If I come across any of the research/sites I did on this in November 2006 when I bought my car, I'll do the same.

P.S: I went back to Howards Forums and searched "Toyota Bluetooth" here is just one thread that may be of help:

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/929013-1.html Within this thread it gives this Bluetooth/cellphone Toyota link: http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

I don't know whether you'll need to register at howards but it is to cellphones as these forums are to Hybrids.
I also have the non-NAV radio, and I see incoming numbers. I've used a couple of different Cingular phones and all have displayed the numbers. Cincular 2125 and 8125 have been the last two phones.

Regarding the inability to transfer your entire phone's contact list into the TCH, this is a problem with your phone, not the JBL unit. I have the same limitation with my Cingular 8125. The Toyota Bluetooth compatibility list will show you which phones will beam into the TCH radio.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Yes, but only when I am stopped.

Try the test again when you are standing still. The lack of incoming phone number is a function of the suppression of certain information when the car is moving.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:58 PM

Ok, I have tried it with the override and while standing still. I just get the "Not support" message. I then tried my GF's RAZR, works flawless. Ugh...why can't a standard (Bluetooth) be STANDARD?

Oh well, I guess it is the phone. This is just another thing that renders the handsfree semi-useless.

Thanks for the input!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Ok, I have tried it with the override and while standing still. I just get the "Not support" message. I then tried my GF's RAZR, works flawless. Ugh...why can't a standard (Bluetooth) be STANDARD?

Oh well, I guess it is the phone. This is just another thing that renders the handsfree semi-useless.

Thanks for the input!
Why do you think everyone is so excited about the iPhone?

Do yourself a favor and upgrade.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM
blahhhhhh!

has anyone BTed with a Treo 680? I tried for an hour to get it to work and it wouldn't. Neither would my boyfriends krzr.

i'd love an iphone. just convince AT&T to open a store in northern new york!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Thanks for the links.

I used to have the V710 and it would not let me transfer a darn thing. I was very unhappy about that but then the phone died and I lost all of my contact anyhow (oh well). I now have the 8700 (from Verizon) and it handles vCard sends for the entire contact list at once.

I am going to try my phone in the RAV4 and my GF's phone in my car. Maybe I am just missing something.
One more link for you and others:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Use this page to locate your phone or one you're thinking of buying....and it gives a detailed will/will not do list....including whether the device will display numbers on the NAV/or non-NAV dashboard display or permit phone book transfers etc.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by detayls
Why do you think everyone is so excited about the iPhone?

Do yourself a favor and upgrade.
I hope you are kidding....

P.S. > My phone is a new model as of May 2007. Funny, and OLDER phone works.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by KTLane
has anyone BTed with a Treo 680? I tried for an hour to get it to work and it wouldn't. Neither would my boyfriends krzr.
I had a Palm 700p working just fine. All features were supported. I cannot speak for the Treo 680.

Originally Posted by KTLane
i'd love an iphone. just convince AT&T to open a store in northern new york!!!
And coverage. (I went to school in Potsdam.)

Old 10-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by wdmark
One more link for you and others:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Use this page to locate your phone or one you're thinking of buying....and it gives a detailed will/will not do list....including whether the device will display numbers on the NAV/or non-NAV dashboard display or permit phone book transfers etc.
Thanks Mark.

It is listed...and surprise surprise...it does not support showing the caller ID...how sad....

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/le...Type=bluetooth

What's EVEN BETTER....

Is that the non-NAV version, displays the incoming number....(at least according to the Toyota site) for the SAME PHONE!??!

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/to...9&passedPaIds=

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 10-11-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering how many of you get updated signal strength info on your non-NAV display. My old Motorola V551 updated the cell signal strength pretty much in real-time, meaning that as I drove along, I could see how many "bars" my cell phone had. My new Sony Ericsson w810 seems to show the number of bars I had when the Bluetooth pairing occurred. It NEVER updates as I drive along. Which makes it pretty useless.

Quick Reply: Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands