Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Hello everyone,

One thing that I have noticed is that my bluetooth does not show the incoming phone number during a call. My GF's RAV4 shows the number for her phone (RAZR). I have the LG VX8700 and I would be really nice if it would show the number so I could screen the calls. In fact, I really wish it would show the name if it was known as well.

Am I doing something wrong or do others have this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

My Sprint Treo 700P used to show the last number that called rather than the current caller's number.

Then Sprint (Palm) issued an update to the phone - now it doesn't show caller ID at all..

Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

if the problem is particular to your cell phone, this wont help. however. there is a problem with the nav software. in order to display phone numbers, change destinations etc, while the tch is moving, you need to use the hacked version of the nav 5.1 or 6.1 software. the directions to create the hacked nav software disc and loading instructions have been previously posted in this forum. after loading the hacked version, each and every time you turn the tch on, in order to see the caller-id info while moving, you will have to use the overide function before you start moving. this will allow you to use all the functionality that the toyota geniuses disabled for our own saftey.

Last edited by nyceshirtz; 10-09-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

..or I "think" if you have the name in your car's phonebook, it then displays it.

....so all you have to do is entry the entire planet into your radio/nav and it should work fine.

Later!

Dang

Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the TCH with Bluetooth...no NAV. My system displays the incoming number. Originally I had a Motorola V710 (I think) and my current phone is a KRZR K1M and the carrier for both phones is Verizon. I believe both the phone and the carrier may impact the interaction with the Toyota Bluetooth...Check the Toyota website for guidance on compatible phones.

I know I was quite disappointed that there is no automated way to enter your phone's directory(mine has 350 contacts) into the car's system and/or use the voice dialing intelligence of the carrier to make calls by simply activating the cars microphone to interface to the phone's voice dialing. Maybe some hacker has cracked this. Best I've done is to manually enter key numbers and assign speed dial. Please do post anything else you learn here. If I come across any of the research/sites I did on this in November 2006 when I bought my car, I'll do the same.

P.S: I went back to Howards Forums and searched "Toyota Bluetooth" here is just one thread that may be of help:

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/929013-1.html Within this thread it gives this Bluetooth/cellphone Toyota link: http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

I don't know whether you'll need to register at howards but it is to cellphones as these forums are to Hybrids.

Last edited by wdmark; 10-09-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
if the problem is particular to your cell phone, this wont help. however. there is a problem with the nav software. in order to display phone numbers, change destinations etc, while the tch is moving, you need to use the hacked version of the nav 5.1 or 6.1 software. the directions to create the hacked nav software disc and loading instructions have been previously posted in this forum. after loading the hacked version, each and every time you turn the tch on, in order to see the caller-id info while moving, you will have to use the overide function before you start moving. this will allow you to use all the functionality that the toyota geniuses disabled for our own saftey.
I have a hacked disc and that isn't the problem. Thanks though.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dang
..or I "think" if you have the name in your car's phonebook, it then displays it.

....so all you have to do is entry the entire planet into your radio/nav and it should work fine.

Later!

Dang
Amazingly the LG VX8700 can transfer all of the contact via BT but it doesn't handle multiple numbers under one name very well. Or at least the NAV doesn't. It puts the entry in there twice and there is no easy to see which is which until you drill down.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by wdmark
I have the TCH with Bluetooth...no NAV. My system displays the incoming number. Originally I had a Motorola V710 (I think) and my current phone is a KRZR K1M and the carrier for both phones is Verizon. I believe both the phone and the carrier may impact the interaction with the Toyota Bluetooth...Check the Toyota website for guidance on compatible phones.

I know I was quite disappointed that there is no automated way to enter your phone's directory(mine has 350 contacts) into the car's system and/or use the voice dialing intelligence of the carrier to make calls by simply activating the cars microphone to interface to the phone's voice dialing. Maybe some hacker has cracked this. Best I've done is to manually enter key numbers and assign speed dial. Please do post anything else you learn here. If I come across any of the research/sites I did on this in November 2006 when I bought my car, I'll do the same.

P.S: I went back to Howards Forums and searched "Toyota Bluetooth" here is just one thread that may be of help:

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/929013-1.html Within this thread it gives this Bluetooth/cellphone Toyota link: http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

I don't know whether you'll need to register at howards but it is to cellphones as these forums are to Hybrids.
Thanks for the links.

I used to have the V710 and it would not let me transfer a darn thing. I was very unhappy about that but then the phone died and I lost all of my contact anyhow (oh well). I now have the 8700 (from Verizon) and it handles vCard sends for the entire contact list at once.

I am going to try my phone in the RAV4 and my GF's phone in my car. Maybe I am just missing something.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I have a hacked disc and that isn't the problem. Thanks though.
Then the problem lies with your phone. I have a Blackberry 8800 (AT&T), and when I activate the override, I see the numbers show up on the screen.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by finbib
Then the problem lies with your phone. I have a Blackberry 8800 (AT&T), and when I activate the override, I see the numbers show up on the screen.
Well I haven't tried it with the override on yet. Since the override is not automatic, and 99% of the time I don't need it, I don't enable it. That said, I understand the lockout restrictions even though I do not think they are needed, but, to not show the phone number if the override is not enabled???

I will give it a try after work when I hop back in the car.

Mike

Quick Reply: Does your bluetooth show the incoming phone number?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands