Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Technologist
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Well make that 21 out of 21 responses. Dealer stickers have always been a pet peeve of mine since a Fiat dealer drilled into the trunk of my 1969 Spider to mount his nameplate. Thankfully, there's very little of that going on these days.

It's my premise that people who leave stickers on their car tend not to pay too much attention to any details of their car. I think it's fair to say that the kind of individual who participates in this Green Hybrid Forum cares alot about his/her car, and would not hesitate to remove a sticker or emblem . The license plate frame has a real function, however, so it falls in a different category - as long as the design is tasteful and low-key (aesthetically, there's no difference between a dealers name and the name of an NFL team) it can be tolerated.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Am I the only one who does not really give a hoot and just leaves it on?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

I didn't even know they were stickers .

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Am I the only one who does not really give a hoot and just leaves it on?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:49 AM
WVGasGuy

If it's tastefully done and located symetrically I have left the stickers on. However my last two (the TCH and 4Runner) had vinyl decals on them and it was so easy to pull off I did iy. Gives a cleaner look.

I have seen some very bright stickers that looked aweful and I have seen some down on the bumper.

Then again I don't do bumper stickers or window stickers on any kind of my cars.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

Frames come off once my vanity plates are transferred and can be put on.

I've never seen a dealer sticker on a car before, but those drilled in emblems would get on my nerves. I've only seen those on cars with Midwest plates, and I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer like that. Seriously, I'm spending 30k on a brand new car and you're gonna drill some holes into the body without asking me!!!!

My policy is to try my best and not be a walking/rolling advertisement for businesses. I'll always recommend someone that has good service when ever someone asks, but I'm not going to wear there badge around.

Plate frames wouldn't be as bad if they were quality metal and looked nice. It just seems odd to have this nice new car where you pay extra for all these nice accessories, but leave a cheap plastic advertisement on it.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Veracitorian Muser

My dealer's black-tape stencil letters said "Superstition Springs" on the first line, and "* Toyota - # Scion" on the second line (where * and # are the respective brand logos), and "Mesa, AZ" on the third line.

Now it says "Super" on the first line, and "* Toyota" on the second (last) line!

-- Alan

Old 09-18-2006, 03:26 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH

Removed the vinyl dealer logo from rear of car and also replaced the plastic dealer advertising license frames from the car. Replaced the plastic frames with custom license plate frames made from metal and customized with my choice of color and words.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH

I agree with PolarBear. Purchased our TCH, and drove it home in the dark. It was pulled into a parking space at the dealer nose first. I didn't bother to walk up front and look at it. Got it home, walked around front and there was a plate frame screwed directly into the front bumper. Front bumper was deformed from the screws, it looked AWFUL! One was around the rear plate also. No plate holder on the front, just the frame screwed into the bumper, talk about upset! Took the car back two days later and spoke with the salesman and sales manager. They told me the holes were already there, but I sure don't remember seeing them. As far as I was concerned it ruined the clean lines of the front of the car. They said they would switch cars with us. Unfortunately there was not another equiped like ours. So they swapped front bumpers with one on the lot. Took a couple of days. They gave us a new SE with 8 miles and a full tank of gas to drive. Told me don't worry about putting gas into the SE when we returned it. I was satisfied with their fix to my problem.

I figure they don't pay me to advertise for their dealership. I usually tell them when I buy that I don't want any dealer stickers, etc. on the car, I forgot on this one. Everything came off as soon as I got it home. I will tell people if I was satisfied with the dealership when they ask where I purchased.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

No stickers. Never had stickers put on a new car.

I do keep the plate frames though.

I am a cheapskate and find them servicable and kind of low key.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I remove all that crap and drive without anything until my plates arrive, and I put on my own vanity holder. They do no pay me to advertise for them, it's that simple.

I could never understand people from the midwest and south who had emblem or sticker advertising the dealer. I would never buy a car with that.

Quick Reply: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands