View Poll Results: Did you de-badge your vehicle?
Yes
10.29%
No
89.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Do you de-badge your vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you de-badge your vehicle?

I answered "no," but I would have enjoyed a few more choices for the answer:

3. Not yet.

4. Partially, as in the "Camry" badge, but not the "Hybrid" badges and logo.

5. Re-badged, as in from "Camry" to "Lexry" (i.e. a Camry Hybrid that's so loaded that it might cost as much as a Lexus)

Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 AM
2nd Driver
Default An up-badged vehicle …

Originally Posted by haroldo
The hybrid tag is a badge of honor.

I hate seeing Camry's without them!

You have a great car...be proud of it!
Which is why I added a spare front fender 'Hybrid' badge
to the passenger side of the trunk deck,
to match the 'Camry' on the driver side.

Thus up-badging the car!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
0__o

Sure did. The side badges, the dealer logo and the Camry badge came off the first day. I left the blue worm and I installed a "HYBRID" license plate frame.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TCH80226
... I left the blue worm ...
My car didn't come with a worm?!?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
0__o

"My car didn't come with a worm?!? "

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/...ybrid-logo.jpg

Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ah! That worm...I never thought of it that way!
Thanks!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was a policemen for over 31 years and spent at least 6 years in accident investigation as a traffic analyist responding to thousands of accidents which are actually refered to as incidents (an accident is something that you can avoid) and in all this time I cannot think of a single occurrence in which I stopped to look at the place where the badges would be either on the side or the rear of a vehicle involved in these incidents.

Emergency responders are trained and knowledgeable on the majority of vehicles and fuel types and do not need to look for the hybrid badges.

Even tow truck operators and salvage yards are given regular training on how to recognize the specific dangers inharitant of various vehicles.

This ongoing communist type of mentality I have read attempting to scare people into doing things "their way" is absolutely ludicrist, trying to make them feel guilty for removing their hybrid badges.

The original post was either a yes or no response not a guilt forum.

This is still the land of "free speech" and thus if you have or have not debadged your vehicle you should not be chastized by other forum members.

Now in response to the original question I usually debadge all my vehicles usually because they make them less subjectable to theft as in the Acura "type R" or the duramax diesel pickup I owned.

In the Camry I left the side badges and removed both the rear badges and re-installed the hybrid badge below the licence plate to allow me to close the trunk without touching the painted surface.

Last edited by tharvey; 09-12-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had all the badges "gold" plated - along with the grill trim. I have the desert sand mica paint and think it looks pretty nice.

Not a "bling" kinda thing - but a good accent. Even the dealership i take for maint says it looks sharp. When i pick it up - alwyas at the front of the lot.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meerkat
I had all the badges "gold" plated - along with the grill trim. I have the desert sand mica paint and think it looks pretty nice.

Not a "bling" kinda thing - but a good accent. Even the dealership i take for maint says it looks sharp. When i pick it up - alwyas at the front of the lot.
Who did you get to gold plate the badges?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Professional Hacker

I removed the badges and places "CUT HERE" signs on all of the orange cables. My goal is to see how many "first responders" I can take out.

Okay, seriously, I didn't. Don't go all **** thug on me. I've read all of the tech documents on first responder documents, as well as all of toyota's crash test documents on the TCH. It is VERY unlikely that anyone is going to be hurt by the TCH, even without badges. Worst case is a battery fire after an accident, and EVERY fireman I've even talked to knows exactly what a Traction Battery looks like, and they ALL know to let it burn itself out, while keeping the area around it cool with water.

Quick Reply: Do you de-badge your vehicle?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands