dialing an extention

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default dialing an extention

Has anyone figured out how to dial an extension number using the bluetooth feature (with Nav)? So if I call a business and I want to set a brief pause and then dial the extension number. Anyone figure out how to do that? When you are not driving you can simply press the numbers on the keypad on the Nav but I want to know how to set it up so it does it automatically when I dial the number...

I think it's possible but can't figure it out

Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: dialing an extention

Originally Posted by tnsig
Has anyone figured out how to dial an extension number using the bluetooth feature (with Nav)? So if I call a business and I want to set a brief pause and then dial the extension number. Anyone figure out how to do that? When you are not driving you can simply press the numbers on the keypad on the Nav but I want to know how to set it up so it does it automatically when I dial the number...

I think it's possible but can't figure it out
This is when I take my eyes off the road and use the cell phone buttons.

<How safe is that Toyota?>

Old 03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
HSD Organic Interface

On my non-Nav I just have to press the "Talk" button again and say the extension number after the call is connected to someone's auto attendant system. I can't remember off hand if I have to say "Dial by Number" again to do it though, but I have been able to enter an extension number by voice.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Droid13
On my non-Nav I just have to press the "Talk" button again and say the extension number after the call is connected to someone's auto attendant system. I can't remember off hand if I have to say "Dial by Number" again to do it though, but I have been able to enter an extension number by voice.
Good idea, Droid13. I just tried dialing a number that uses extensions. The car was not moving so I had access to the keypad. But, I tried pushing the PHONE button and the TALK button, but could not get it to take my voice. Maybe it works different while on the road. Will have to try it next time the car is in motion.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone so far. I believe there is a way to program that extension number. The manual mentions something about it but the description is vague.