Cruise turns off with blinker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Cruise turns off with blinker?

I just got a 2008 Camry Hybrid and the cruise control turns off anytime you change lanes and hit the blinker. The dealer ship said this is normal for the Camry Hybrid and cannot find anything wrong with it.

Is this normal???? It is driving me nuts!

Jeremy

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cruise turns off with blinker?

Originally Posted by jscurrie
I just got a 2008 Camry Hybrid and the cruise control turns off anytime you change lanes and hit the blinker. The dealer ship said this is normal for the Camry Hybrid and cannot find anything wrong with it.

Jeremy
I would have to say that this isn't the behavior of my 2007 TCH. I will try it next time I am out, but in over 40,000 miles, I think I would have noticed this odd behavior, and I have not.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

I use my cruise control everyday on my way to and from work and I have never had it cancel or turn off when I used a turn signal. I also have a 2008 Camry Hybrid with ~19K miles on it.

The only time I see cruise control cancel is when you tap the brakes or pull the lever on the right side of the steering wheel towards you. Even then the CC stays on but is not actively controlling the speed. Moving the lever up and releasing allows you to go back to the preset speed (RA +).

You can either turn it off manually or it will go off when you shut off the car. That is the only two ways that I am aware of to turn it off. Turn signals should have no effect.

What page of the owner's manual did your dealer say describes that "feature"?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

I found some UHAUL BS wired into the tail light and running all the way to the front fuse box. Toyota is charging me $90 to pull it out. Crossing my finger this is going to fix the problem. I hate after market modifications.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Jeremy

Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

FIXED!

This is what happen. The UHaul place grounded their system on the brake light. Cruise control turns off when you press the brakes. So when you hit the turn signal, it sends power to the brakes and turns off the cruise control.

Thanks again Jeff & Dave! I told Toyota: "But the guys on GreenHybrid.com with a 2007 & 2008 TCH said that is NOT normal!"

Jeremy

Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscurrie

Jeremy
Glad it's fixed. Personally, I'd be looking for a new dealer. Did you buy it from the dealer or private sale?

Robb

Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Enthusiast

I got the car from Tom Williams BMW, and Serra Toyota has been fixing the problem. (Both in Birmingham, Alabama) Serra Toyota has been very nice, but they were BSing me about it did not have a problem. I told the Service Writer about the Uhaul stuff and I don't think he told the tech about it, until I challenged him. After they replace my bad speaker, I will changed dealerships. What is funny, I just had a outside company call and ask me if I was satisfied with my purchase with Tom Williams BMW. I am hoping they pay for my Air Filters and $90 to fix the UHaul crap.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Glad you figured it out. I didn't realize you had a "previously modified" TCH!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Glad that fixed it for you!!

You are going to love the stock TCH!!!