convex replacement mirrow for drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default convex replacement mirrow for drivers side

Can anyone tell me where i can purchase a drivers side convex replacement mirrow for an 07 camry hybrid.Its Legal in europe and im tired of waiting for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to pull their head out of their a--.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: convex replacement mirrow for drivers side

Ebay/UK.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Pragmatist

Why?

I just swivel my mirrors out, so the view is "away" from the car. I don't need to see the side of my own car while I am driving -- I know where my own car is. I want to see my "blind spots". Just pointing the mirrors toward the locations of the blind spots, accomplishes that.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
Why?

I just swivel my mirrors out, so the view is "away" from the car. I don't need to see the side of my own car while I am driving -- I know where my own car is. I want to see my "blind spots". Just pointing the mirrors toward the locations of the blind spots, accomplishes that.
Most of us really do need the "reference", slight/partial view of the side of our own car, in order to place the mirror view in the correct perspective.

In your case what happens if another driver/wife moves your mirror position..?

Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM

well, you need to buy UK or Australian passenger side mirror, and hope it fits and works, as mounting/servos/wiring is opposite. MOF, I am once in a while tempted to look for it for my pickup myself.

But hey, here's a cheapo solution. They sell dam spherical mirrors at not just parts stores, but at any gas station, for about a buck a piece. and they work like a champ. or, you can go fancy and match corners of OEM mirror with properly shaped spherical one. OMG, will cost you like 6 bucks - and works as well as entire mirror.