Can't access Camry Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Can't access Camry Repair Manual

Has anyone been able to properly burn or otherwise access the Camry Hybrid Repair Manual here?

http://www.camrymanuals.com/manuals/...air_manual.rar

I extracted the ISO file, but can't get it to burn properly.

Has anyone had success?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can't access Camry Repair Manual

MAC or PC?
On my MAC it burned fine and right clicking it opened the ISO file. I believe that if you use a PC that you have to use NERO or similar program to burn the file. Here is link to that file you're talking about.

-Ed

Last edited by LOL TCH; 08-12-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yep...that's the file...222mb, although unzipped it's a 319mb .ISO.

I used Nero v 7.082, and I'm pretty familiar w/burning ISOs, so I'm kind of puzzled.

I'm using a PC and when I went to burn w/Nero it gave me an error saying:

Foreign Image File
The block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem.

My only burnable option seems to be 'ignore' and then it will burn to disk, but the disk cannot be read.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

Per the site:

"For those of you looking for the Hybrid service manual, a full version ISO image is available HERE. (222 MB)
This is an ISO image, burn with IMGBurn etc. Note: this ISO does NOT mount correctly with Daemon tools, it must be burned to disc."

You have to use IMGBurn to burn the image, not Nero. It is an ISO, but in a proprietary format.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

WORKED! Thanks...fix seems like common sense, but I had never run into a problem burning w/Nero before.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

I did what bpfx suggested:i.e. use IMGBurn to burn the image onto a blank CD and got an .iso file on the CD. This is on a PC running Windows XP (media center edition, equivalent to Professional, I think).

I would expect to be able to open this iso file by double-clicking it in Windows explorer, but Windows explorer would not open it. I tried opening it with MS Word, Adobe reader, etc. ..the usual windows stuff but no success.

I can extract this iso file into various pdf files using ISOBURN into a directory on the hard drive, and then I can open the resulting files with adobe reader. However, this does not work well as there are over 100 individual files (showing individual pages, chapters), and the contents contain cross references among all these files. The cross references does not work.

I would like to, and expect to be able to open this one iso file (the manual) somehow as one entity to read it, so that chapters and cross references would work. If this iso file can be turned into one pdf file like a normal pdf document, it may work.

Any help, directions and experience will be much appreciated.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

An iso file is simply a disc image file. It's usable to basically take the file, slap it down as-is onto a CD or something, then use that CD to access the files stored there. It's not really a file format for opening with a basic word-processing application or anything like that. All the files that would be stored on the CD are encoded into the .iso file along with any other disc stuff about the filesystem and so on. So literally an entire CD is encoded into a single file so that you can then take that file and copy it exactly onto another CD.

There just happen to be programs which will let you access the contents of the file similarly to how they'd be accessed if you loaded a CD with that data.

When you properly burn the iso image to a CD, you shouldn't end up with an iso file on CD, you should end up with a CD full of files, folders, whatever else.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with you that we I burn the iso file image (which is obtained using winrar) stored on my hard disk drive onto a CD, I should get on the CD not the iso file itself, but whatever CD image that the iso file contains. The image should be files and folders which collectively would be accessible as the Camry repair manual in the Windows XP environment. I assume that the iso file is an image of the original camry repair manual CD.

So the question may be: How can we burn an iso image file stored on the hard disk into a CD so that the CD would contain files/folders exactly matching the original camry CD? Are there controls/parameters that should be used in imageburn, nero,.. to make this happen?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Don't actually know the ImgBurn software. A quick peek sounds like the place for guides/tips and such is at their forum site

Old 08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's a mess but it is free. It's an invalid ISO format which can be burned using ImgBurn on a PC, like the instructions tell. I'm Mac based and could normally just mount ISO files like a CD, but not in this case since it is invalid.

Once you have it burned, if you look at it on a PC with Windows Explorer there are html files for each chapter index but no top level file. I found that it gives errors when browsing but if you get through the error messages you can read the pages.

On a Mac (or Linux, it would be the same) it is a different story. The html files reference the PDF manual pages using absolute rather than relative paths. These paths are correct when run on a PC but not on a Mac, nor would it work if you copy the files to a hard disk folder on a PC.

In any case, the PDF files can be referenced directly, but they are numbered in such a way you don't know what they are or necessarily their order. Someone with the full Adobe Acrobat program could merge all of the PDF files back into a single document. I can only guess that the CD is intended to be used with some special Toyota-provided browser program, which would explain all the difficulty we are having.

Quick Reply: Can't access Camry Repair Manual

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands