can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

Originally Posted by Mendel Leisk
Is the Camry keyless ignition? My first thought is the beeping when you open a door is to warn you that you might be about to lock your keys in the car.
That's not it.
The beeping continues even after you've taken the keys away from the car and will continue to do so until you close the door.
If you try to lock the keys in the car, the car beeps like mad.
This issue is a 'misguided' warning system not quite rooted in logic.
The oddity, is that you can open the door with the engine running, there is no beep, so apparently the car doesn't think that is a problem
However, I believe it should have a warning, since someone can walk away from a car that is still turned on...I did!.
The beeping only starts when you turn the car off if the door was opened prior to turning it off.
That's bizarre, since all it is doing is telling you that the car is off and the door is open...which is how you're supposed to get out of the car...door open and car off.

Last edited by haroldo; 01-09-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 AM

Ok, gotcha. Sounds like illogical logic on Toyota's part.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mendel Leisk
As to a beeping if you drive unbelted, why not take the hint and buckle up?
Anybody in my car uses their seat belt from the time we leave the garage until we park at our destination. The only exceptions are when we pick the mail up and have our arms full (our mail box is four houses away) or we stop to unload the car then drive on to find a parking space. Small irritation but not enough to pay a dealer to fix it.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

This is beeps toooo much!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mj662@mac.com
I am so sick of my 07 Camry beeping every time i open the door! I turn the car off and open the door to get out and it beeps at me, Why? Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks Mark
My '07 Camry just started doing this yesterday, all of a sudden. It gives me one beep, everytime I open the door. It doesnt matter if the car was running or not. It beeps once when I open the door to get in and then beeps once more when I get out. Or I can sit in the car and repeatedly open and close the door and it will give me a single "beep" every time. It never did this until yesterday. The randomness is a little bit concerning.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emmygalvgirl
My '07 Camry just started doing this yesterday, all of a sudden. It gives me one beep, everytime I open the door. It doesnt matter if the car was running or not. It beeps once when I open the door to get in and then beeps once more when I get out. Or I can sit in the car and repeatedly open and close the door and it will give me a single "beep" every time. It never did this until yesterday. The randomness is a little bit concerning.
Welcome to the group.

Your signature or profile doesn't give any idea where you're located.

If you're in an area that is warming up , do you have the sunroof open? Not sure if windows being open will give same alert. I know sunroof open will give single beep. When sitting in car, if you get the "beep", look at the MFD (Multi-Function Display) (at the odometer area). Normally, it will give an idea of what's happening ("SUNROOF OPEN").

Last edited by JHSmith; 03-29-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Welcome
Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast

My 07 Camry just started doing this a few days ago as well. I cut the engine off and when I open the door to get out of the car it gives one short beep. Then when I open the door to get into the car it gives the same one short beep. I have checked the sunroof and it is closed. It only does this when the drivers door opens it doesn't beep when any other doors open. Any ideas??

Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by denam
My 07 Camry just started doing this a few days ago as well. I cut the engine off and when I open the door to get out of the car it gives one short beep. Then when I open the door to get into the car it gives the same one short beep. I have checked the sunroof and it is closed. It only does this when the drivers door opens it doesn't beep when any other doors open. Any ideas??
When you hear this beep, look quickly at the display on the dash. There might be a low battery warning for the FOB. It only lasts a few seconds, If I remember correctly.