can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

I am so sick of my 07 Camry beeping every time i open the door! I turn the car off and open the door to get out and it beeps at me, Why? Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks Mark

Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

It is a (bizarre) warning system.
If you turn off the car before you open the door, you wont get a beep.
If you open the door before you turn the car off the car beeps and continues beeping until you close the door.
Apparently, the great minds at the world's leading auto manufacturer thought it important to let you know that your car was turned off and your door was opened (now, why they think that this is important is beyond me, but who am I to argue with their logic?)
Just get used to powering down before opening the door or ignore the beeps (once you understand why an annoyance is occurring, it becomes less of an irritant).
Please also see the Private Message I sent you about your screen name.

Last edited by haroldo; 01-05-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Haroldo was a great help to me when he spoke about turning off the engine. Be sure to check that the clock on the dash is off, (not lit) when you get out of the car. It's rare for me to hear any audible beeps anymore.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast

How the heck do i change my screen name??

Thanks, mark

Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
It is a (bizarre) warning system.
If you turn off the car before you open the door, you wont get a beep.
If you open the door before you turn the car off the car beeps and continues beeping until you close the door.
Apparently, the great minds at the world's leading auto manufacturer thought it important to let you know that your car was turned off and your door was opened (now, why they think that this is important is beyond me, but who am I to argue with their logic?)
Just get used to powering down before opening the door or ignore the beeps (once you understand why an annoyance is occurring, it becomes less of an irritant).
Please also see the Private Message I sent you about your screen name.
Thanks Haroldo,

Cant we complain to Toyota? Start a petition?
There must be a contact for this type of thing.

mark

Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

The easiest fix for this is to open the door with your right hand.

Stops the problem every time! Bill

Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by mj662@mac.com
Thanks Haroldo,

Cant we complain to Toyota? Start a petition?
There must be a contact for this type of thing.

mark
think of the logistics...getting thousands of people to contact one of the world's largest companies and ask them to make a broad based corporate decision to change or recall millions of vehicles. I guess the cost in terms of manpower as well as actual money far exceeds the value of the issue.
yes, it's a bug, but at the end of the day, not worth losing sleep over

might be easier to just (do what I did) wait a split second before opening the door. alternatively, the psychological annoyance of an irritant is lessened when you fully understand the issue. when it's a random beeping for no reason, it's infuriating...but when you know that it's a minor programming glitch you can (or should) just ignore it.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Speaking of opening the door - anyone else get their finger pinched when releasing the drivers side door? I've had it happen way more than once over the last year.

Concering the annoying peeping - Toyota could make a programming change that would offer an owners adjustment like the one for the auto door locks. That would cost next to nothing on new cars - same for the seat belt chime which is even more annoying when driving the half a block from the mail box up to the house!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenSoren
Speaking of opening the door - anyone else get their finger pinched when releasing the drivers side door? I've had it happen way more than once over the last year.

Concering the annoying peeping - Toyota could make a programming change that would offer an owners adjustment like the one for the auto door locks. That would cost next to nothing on new cars - same for the seat belt chime which is even more annoying when driving the half a block from the mail box up to the house!
Never get my fingers pinched, but the seatbelt beeper can be turned off, I think the dealer can do this. Mine have been off for years.

mark

Old 01-09-2010, 06:19 AM

Is the Camry keyless ignition? My first thought is the beeping when you open a door is to warn you that you might be about to lock your keys in the car. That's pretty much industry standard. As to a beeping if you drive unbelted, why not take the hint and buckle up?

Quick Reply: can i stop the Beep every time the door opens??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands