Camry Hybrid Windshield replacement -- FINAL/real info

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Hybrid Windshield replacement -- FINAL/real info

Some states don't allow insurance to charge a deductable for windshield repairs or replacement as an incentive to get what could be a dangerous condition rectified. I'm not sure what states this applies to and I'd be willing to be your insurance company wouldn't be willing to tell ya.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

If I read between the lines correctly, you can get a cheaper, non-hybrid version of the windshield installed, and have no worse noise/view than a regular 2007 Camry?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by hamm3r
If I read between the lines correctly, you can get a cheaper, non-hybrid version of the windshield installed, and have no worse noise/view than a regular 2007 Camry?
Actually no. The Hybrid Camry's HSD generates sounds you want supressed. Specifically those MG's and regenerative braking produce.
J

Old 08-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Camry Hybrid Windshield replacement -- FINAL/real info

If you don't mind a little wind noise, for NO money you can remove the broken windshield completely and simply not replace it. Enjoy the fresh air.*

*Always remember to wear a helmet.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Camry Hybrid Windshield replacement -- FINAL/real info

Did anybody here notice that Camry Hybrid is more likely get windshield crack than other Camry?

My windshield got crack. Then I call VA Windshield City. The guy answered the phone suprised me. Without quotaing the dealer, he told me the price immediatly. Since he already fixed 2 Camry Hybrid cars last week. If add my one, that's 3. This is a big ratio compare to the number of Hybrid Camry on road now. But he didn't has any experience with regular 07 Camry yet.

To me, that's mean Camry Hybrid windshield has high ratio to get crack. Maybe acoutic-dampered glass has some quality problem. I'm thinking we should let Toyota know and recall the windshield.

Any idea, suggestions? I like to know.

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oldgz
Did anybody here notice that Camry Hybrid is more likely get windshield crack than other Camry? -snip-
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I could be wrong, but it seems like there is a preponderance of cracked
windshields in this forum; and most of these cars are only
3-4 months new mind you. If this pattern of cracked windshields
continues with time, it might be cause to go back to Toyota and alert
them of the problem (hopefully backed with some sort of statistics).
Who knows... it might turn into a recall campaign.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

Incidentally, it looks like these hybrids cause more noise pollution than regular cars!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by montush
Incidentally, it looks like these hybrids cause more noise pollution than regular cars!
Absolutely. And they contribute directly to Global Warming. All the SUV owners talking about them produce huge amounts of Hot Air and Noise.
Known fact.
J

Old 08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Too Smug

Originally Posted by oldgz
Did anybody here notice that Camry Hybrid is more likely get windshield crack than other Camry?

My windshield got crack. Then I call VA Windshield City. The guy answered the phone suprised me. Without quotaing the dealer, he told me the price immediatly. Since he already fixed 2 Camry Hybrid cars last week. If add my one, that's 3. This is a big ratio compare to the number of Hybrid Camry on road now. But he didn't has any experience with regular 07 Camry yet.

To me, that's mean Camry Hybrid windshield has high ratio to get crack. Maybe acoutic-dampered glass has some quality problem. I'm thinking we should let Toyota know and recall the windshield.

Any idea, suggestions? I like to know.

Thanks!
Absolutely. Lets get a poll on this among Greenhybrid members to start

Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe Camry Hybrid drivers are driving more than their non-hybrid counterparts? I mean, I got a windshield crack at 4 days post-purchase in my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid, but I blame the rock that hit the windshield, not the windshield.

Physics works!

Quick Reply: Camry Hybrid Windshield replacement -- FINAL/real info

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands