Camry Hybrid on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Hybrid on the road

I am always either at the middle lane or on the right lane. However, there are times that required me to turn left which means i have to be the left lane. And when that happened i am still driving over the speed limit by 10km/h and yet they act like a big bully.

When it comes to my civic, it almost never happened that way...
Never have i go slow on a passing lane.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Most of the ones that actually say the conditions are talking about being stuck in traffic at traffic speeds, or like me stuck on a single-lane double-line road so no legal passing.

When I go "only" the speed limit on the highway, I'm either in the rightmost lane or (on one stretch where there's a lot of ramps on the right, the next-right lane is in horrible condition, and there are 4 lanes of highway) I use the 3rd lane for a short stretch before cutting back to the right. But there's plenty of room to go around me on both sides and I don't usually have much problem. Honestly most of my *****y people aren't when I'm going 55 on the highway, it's when I'm going 30-40 in a 30 mph zone.

*shrug*

Still say "I don't care what they think". I'm driving at or over the speed limit, so if they're somehow restricted on the one-lane road from going 50 in a 30 zone, I'll let them thank me for it later.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think I've made anyone mad but then again I average 10-20mph over the speed limit. When I first got my hybrid I would try to get 40mpg all the time but now I just drive normal (fast for me) and settle with 35mpg. I'm pretty sure most people will get mad at how you drive rather than what you drive. I did find that accelerating slow for me didn't really help me increase my mpg. It was how I maintained my speed.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 AM
blahhhhhh!

UGH! just the other day some douchebag beeped at me for not turning right on red. Sorry, but maybe you were too busy glaring at my Hybrid Synergy Drive logo wishing you too were getting 40 mpg to notice THAT THERE WERE CARS DRIVING THROUGH THE INTERSECTION!!!!
ugh.
double flippin, for when one middle finger just isn't enough.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KTLane
UGH! just the other day some douchebag beeped at me for not turning right on red. Sorry, but maybe you were too busy glaring at my Hybrid Synergy Drive logo wishing you too were getting 40 mpg to notice THAT THERE WERE CARS DRIVING THROUGH THE INTERSECTION!!!!
ugh.
double flippin, for when one middle finger just isn't enough.
Yeah, that happens to me all the time.

I haven't had anyone get super pissed but people get get up on my ***. I usually drive 5 over as we have a lot of cops. My GF is always on my *** when I go up my driveway because I EV the whole way and she wants to speed with the RAV4 :-P

Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I've seen it.

Too bad about your gun control laws up there. The guy harassing you pretty much knows for a fact that you are unarmed. This emboldens his actions.

Down here in the evil states typically one solid, wicked look is enough to make almost any thug/moron stop and wonder if the matter at hand is truly worth pursuing.

An armed society is a polite society.

Originally Posted by megamonsterman
Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys face the same abuse and harassement i have when driving your Camry Hybrid or Hybrid vechicle in particular.

Just today itself in the Toronto highway and streets of Toronto, i got horn at and shown the middle finger. All this for no reason. They just were pushing me to go faster when there is no where to go in front of me. As the traffic is like bumper to bumper. At times it really gets into me and wanting to race with them. Then i just calm down and forget about it.

When i was driving my civic, none of this will happened as i will be speeding way faster than them and didn't give them a chance at all. I guess i change my driving attitude. But is there anything we can do at these drivers????

Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 AM
it's just a car...

Consider removing the rear badges?

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by McGyver
An armed society is a polite society.
heh. i have a hard time believing any society is polite nowadays

Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member
Default Where your cool shades and drive your way

I say the heck with other drivers. Drive it your way and with your cool shades on . I do and I'm averaging 49.5 miles per gallon on my Camry Hybrid on the current tank and will be joining the 700 mile Camry Club next week. My average is usually 42.5 mph. So far nobody pissed off at me because I do change lanes when possible to reduce any inconvenience that I may give a driver. I'm always on the right lane unless I want to let the hair down. I do my best but when the chips are down, I'm more interested in taking my car to the limits on mpg tank. I'm enjoying my ride like never before and I will not let any others take that away from my cool ride.

I love EV mode! Anybody know if there are any EV Mode super cool emblems.?

Last edited by bugs; 10-11-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Enthusiast deluxe

Oddly enough, I have never experienced being tailgated in my TCH. However, the very night I drove my new Volvo S40 home last summer, I was tailgated and nearly killed by a GMC Suburban. The guy tailed me so close I could not change lanes, he had his brights on (the Volvo did not have an auto dim mirror) This occured for about 10 minutes until he exited the freeway. Little did I know it would be the first of many incidents. I think it is the "oh, it's a volvo driver, they are paranoid and slow" sort of thinking. Even when exceeding the posted limit by 15/20 MPH I got tailed. It was really bizzare.

Quick Reply: Camry Hybrid on the road

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands