CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

I had a buddy who's badge came off because something got caught on it. When it was pulled off it broke. I agreed with him not paying 100 bucks for a new. At least that is the price I have seen.

Interestingly, there have not been a publicly known cases about first responders being hurt. What if the car was rear ended and rolled? That could very well damage the rear and side badges. If the badges are assumed to be warnings, that's pretty poor in my opinion.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I had a buddy who's badge came off because something got caught on it. When it was pulled off it broke. I agreed with him not paying 100 bucks for a new. At least that is the price I have seen.

Interestingly, there have not been a publicly known cases about first responders being hurt. What if the car was rear ended and rolled? That could very well damage the rear and side badges. If the badges are assumed to be warnings, that's pretty poor in my opinion.
Did you ever look under your TCH? I has huge HYBRID letters stenciled there.
(Just kidding)

Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

I 'm glad I'm not the only one to feel that the Hybrid badges on the side of the TCH are a bit too much.

When I order my TCH the side badges will be one of the first things to get stripped (along with any "dealership advertising" bs). Although I am contemplating replacing the side badges with a couple of the smaller "HSD" badges (like the ones that are on the trunklid). It will still be easy to identify it as a hybrid, but with a bit more subtlety.

Maybe if the original giant side badges were backlit (night driving) or something catchy I'd leave them on, but IMHO they are just a bit too obtrusive.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Im_Hy
I 'm glad I'm not the only one to feel that the Hybrid badges on the side of the TCH are a bit too much.

When I order my TCH the side badges will be one of the first things to get stripped (along with any "dealership advertising" bs). Although I am contemplating replacing the side badges with a couple of the smaller "HSD" badges (like the ones that are on the trunklid). It will still be easy to identify it as a hybrid, but with a bit more subtlety.

Maybe if the original giant side badges were backlit (night driving) or something catchy I'd leave them on, but IMHO they are just a bit too obtrusive.
I actually like the side badges and was forced to make sure the the rear badge went bye-bye.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Any of you folks that have stripped off the badges want to sell them (or give them away, maybe)? PM me if so. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Anytime I see another '07 Camry I immediately look for the badges to see if it's a brother or sister' car.
Have to say, I do this too, lol. Not to be overly proud of my TCH but whenever I see an 07 Camry I check to see if it's a TCH and if not kinda sneer at it and think how much better mine is, lol.

I do admit it would be even cooler if they did something fun like light up when you're driving without using any gas, hehe.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

LOL! Us two! And I don't think I sneer, but I do believe my TCH is much better than the regular camry is. Love the idea from Chestr about the badges lighting up when we are in e-mode! I am still waiting to see a third 07/08 Barcelona Red TCH in my area. The only other one belongs to our friend who encouraged us to get ours. I have seen all the other colors including BRMs and Jasper Pearls but no other BRs.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just wanted to pitch in since I had a FEH that I completely debadged of all hybrid insignia. I was then t-boned by someone going 45+mph, rolled a couple of times, and ended up on the roof. Luckily I walked away with just a few scratches after crawling on the roof out one of the side windows. Nothing happened to anyone at the scene and there were a lot of people handling my truck. So the whole first responder issue seems like a straw man type argument to me. In retrospect, I think it was better to not have the badges so people wouldn't try to protect themselves from a danger that was not there.
Shave on fellow hybrid folks!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Speaking of badges, I want to remove the badge that came from the dealer. I don't want to advertise for the stealer. It's basically a stick on badge. Anyone have experience removing these? Does it leave any kind of residue? If it helps, I am talking about the "Haley" badge in Richmond, VA.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Take it back to the dealer and have them remove it. When I get mine it won't leave the dealer with it on.

Quick Reply: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands