Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

I am prowd of my badges! If you can not tell by my avatar

Old 08-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I am prowd of my badges! If you can not tell by my avatar
Anytime I see another '07 Camry I immediately look for the badges to see if it's a brother or sister' car.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

With the overlap in colors between hybrid and non hybrid 07 Camrys (except for Jasper Pearl) it makes is difficult to tell one from the other without the badges. I had never even considered taking them off! Doubt I will, either...but that does explain why there are vehicles out there that I can't identify!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast

Removing the badges does not hide the fact that it's a Hybrid, as the Hybrid is the only Camry with a silver grill, and the white part of the tail lights bend downward, which is unique to the Hybrid. So explain to me WHY you are all removing the badges? It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B-Red-TCH
Removing the badges does not hide the fact that it's a Hybrid, as the Hybrid is the only Camry with a silver grill, and the white part of the tail lights bend downward, which is unique to the Hybrid. So explain to me WHY you are all removing the badges? It doesn't make sense to me.
Oh and you left out that only the hybrid has LED tail lights. It has nothing to do with it hiding that it is a Hybrid, it has to do with giving the car a sleeker cleaner look. I have removed the badges on the TCH and my last 2 Acuras I find the car looks much better. Besides that ugle Hybrid badge on each fender is horrible.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the update, I guess I never thought they were too annoying.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

I kinda like having the Hybrid nomenclature on my TCH so that when I'm coasting up a hill on our Houston freeways, losing speed, the driver behind me can tell himself, "Oh, it's another one of those hybrid cars thats gonna slow me down on each uphill and I'm going to have to constantly change my speed. I better just go around him. Sheesh, hybrid cars and cell phone drivers."

Old 08-16-2006, 04:38 AM
WVGasGuy

Sheesh, hybrid cars and cell phone drivers."

At least the hybrid drivers are paying attention to those behind them as they start slowing. That is unless they are on the phone as well.

Nice thing about the bluetooth (I have not used it yet_need a new phone) you can talk on the phone hands free and when people see you lips moving they will just think you're singing to the stereo

Old 08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Incidentally, for those looking to remove their badges or only some (I'm only removing my Camry badge on the back decklid ) another option to dental floss is also a boon to any fishermen out there.

I've been using Berkely Fireline for the last 10 years and not only is it the strongest and thinnest diameter per pound of test line I have ever seen, it is GREAT at making short work of cutting through the adhesive that the emblems are attached with. I've always described it to people as being like a very strong grey dental floss.

Like floss, it won't mark your paint at all, but unlike dental floss, it will not break. It is amazingly strong stuff...I used the 4 pound test and took my Camry emblem off in less than 3 minutes.

If you like to fish and haven't tried this stuff...give it a try and thank me later.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Now when all thought that this thread was no more, I had to bring up the subject again.

I just took off my side hybrid badges using some light test fishing line using the Eskimonio method. It was a breeze! As long as you gently apply an ever so slight outward pull away from the body of the car while sawing the line back and forth underneath the offending badge, the side debadging takes less then five-minutes and leaves nothing but a heavy duty type of rubber cement left behind when the badge is removed. This cement is easily removed by rolling it underneath the thumb into a ball, just like we did with rubber cement back when we were in grade school. The removal left no residue or any visible blemish behind whatsoever. I left the rear Camry and Hybrid badges alone.

My TCH looks much better without the side badges IMHO.

Last edited by BlueCam; 09-22-2006 at 03:09 AM.

Quick Reply: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands