Bluetooth to Computer connection?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
07 Camry Hybrid!
Default Bluetooth to Computer connection?

Since my Verizon v710 phone won't transfer the phone book to the TCH, I was wondering if I could get my laptop to connect. Last weekend, I gave it a try, but I just couldn't get it to work. It looked like the laptop just couldn't see the car.

Has anyone else tried to pair their laptop to the car? Did you get it to work? If you got it to pair, could you transfer your Outlook phonebook data to the car?

Please share your stories, tips, and tricks to get this to go. Thanks a bunch.

Ray

Old 09-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Bluetooth to Computer connection?

Laptops generally don't pair to "HandsFree" devices and the TCH is a "HandsFree" device in the world of Bluetooth.
Is your phone a GSM phone with a SIMM card?
Copy your phonebook to the SIMM (good idea anyway) and find/borrow a friend's a bluetooth phone (a GSM whit phonebook transfer capability will do) and temporarily put your SIMM in the phone and transfer the phonebook then swap the SIMM back to your phone.

Edit: In rereading your post I see you are Verizon. Verizon is CDMA and doesn't use GSM and SIMM cards so I guess my suggestion won't work for you. Sorry.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:29 AM
07 Camry Hybrid!

So, do you know if it's possible with a driver change or a special application to get / force the laptop to pair with the car? Something like a phone emulator where I can just transfer the phone book.

If OBEX is enabled, then I'd hope there would be a way to use that function with my laptop.

Any ideas out there???

Ray

Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast

Ray,

My phone also doesn't transmit contacts (Verizon RAZR) except over USB, so I would also benefit from something like this. I found some information on this at PriusChat http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=6017&st=40 ("Instructions for transfering contacts to Prius using Bluetooth laptop") . The document link doesn't work, so I've asked if someone could re-post.

Josh