Which battery color is better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Which battery color is better?

I have a desert sand mica THC with all the options, which I purchased on 6/28. The car is wonderful and has performed up to now flawlessly. For those who haven't purchased one yet, I highly recommend the car, as virtually all the owners on the site do as well.

The instruction literature is not in color, and I am unclear which color for the battery is better on the NAV screen when you look at the diagram of what is powering the car at any given time.

Sometimes the battery color is blue and sometimes a light green. Which would be considered to be more fully charged?

I'm sure one of the more technically savvy people on the site would know the answer.

By the way, as far as the age thread, count me in at age 54. Sorry to raise the average age of the owners.

By the way, my average is 37.8 for the last 513 miles. I currently have about 650 miles on my THC.

Any ideas about the battery colors?

Thanks.

Steven

Old 07-09-2006, 07:00 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Which battery color is better?

As the bars go up (more charge) they will turn green (from normal blue). If you hit the bottom bar after a long discharge it will turn a purple-violet color.

Remember though that these colors represent a range of discharge that the computer is designed to control. I believe it's something like 60 to 80 %. To maintain battery life the computer won't let the battery discharge below it's lower limit or charge above it's upper limit.