Backup Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Backup Sensors

Thanks!
Was installed at a shop, I'll call them on Monday.
It didn't seem right, but the guy told me it was normal.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Backup Sensors

If you look at the Rostra vehicle part listing, they specify ParkPilot parts 250-1801 and 250-2990F for the 2006+ Toyota Camry. 250-1801 is the Toyota OEM base kit, which unlike the standard version does not include the default black sensors (since these are color coded for Toyota) and includes a mute button, as the Canadian Toyota ParkPilot was described as having in a previous post. The 250-2990F is the standard black flat bumper sensors. They also have color-coded versions, although you'll have to call them to order these directly from Rostra. You can purchase 250-1801 base kit and 250-2990F (black) sensors for $94 and $26 respectively (plus shipping) at http://shop.brandondist.com/category.sc?categoryId=16.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Any Canucks out there with a factory installed ParkPilot that can tell me where the mute/off button is on your TCH (or better yet include a picture)? I bought the Toyota version of the ParkPilot, but want to find the optimal location. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have yet to mute mine but it was installed on the left side kick panel just below the dash above the emergency break.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

While not a "Canuck", as requested, by the OP, I do have the ParkPilot on my '07 TCH.

I made a horrible mistake when I had a Toyota shop install the aftermarket ParkPilot. I did not oversee the installation and figured they would know what they were doing. OOPS. They put the mute push button on the center console between the gear shift and the 12 V outlet. (The black Radio-Shack style button looks cheap and horrible against the bisque interior!)

I suggest putting it on the kick panel like Josh (LouBeck) recommended.

Last edited by JHSmith; 12-05-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: minor corrections
Old 12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Backup Sensors

Thanks for the recommendations. The install instructions (which are specific for the 2007 Camry) say to put it on the upper panel of the center console, which would be next to the heated seat switches if installed, which I guess would look OK from symmetry perspective. I am still curious where Toyota put it on the OEM version to achieve that factory look, plus they probably wired it where it was easiest to install. My guess is the kick panel, since this is closest to where it originates from the floorboard, plus out of the way as you have both recommended.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
SPL

The temporary "off" over-ride switch of my Park Pilot was installed (by the dealer's technician, not the factory) on the plastic panel containing the FUEL switch and ECO switch, mounted a bit below the ECO switch. At the time (July 2006) it wasn't available factory-installed. Maybe it can now be ordered installed at the factory?

Stan

Old 12-10-2008, 12:51 PM

I got the aftermarket version a few months ago.
The volume/mute switch was installed (per installers option) on the side below the dashboard and above where the parking brake is.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by jeffgl21
I just installed a backup sensor kit from www.sensortech.com. It is a radar type device that requires no drilling holes for sensors into the bumper. Relatively easy to install.
I looked at the link and only see Moisture products. Any more info on the product?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Enthusiast

Every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day. So, patience and attention is required and things will be fruitful in near future.

Parking Sensor

Quick Reply: Backup Sensors

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands