Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Aki
Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

at this point I'm at a loss. Sorry. I'd try and find an Eclipse camera if you can find one. I know the wiring matches up properly and the resolution is much better than my factory camera on my Lexus RX400h. Ebay usually has some for sale. Check page one of this thread for details on model type and hook up. cheers - aki

Old 10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

After three days of trying, I finally was able to successfully install E313 backup camera (an ebay $17.89 & free shipping). It took me three days to diagnose because I was having doubts to the vary inexpensive camera.
The problem was that I was testing with an external battery and lack of ground to Pin 23 showed a very faint video. Solution below:

Pin 24 = +6V Power --- (I did not use this. Powered from 12V reverse light)
Pin 23 = Video V- (Shield) ----(This connector is not grounded, infinite resistance)
Pin 22 = Video + ---- Connected video from E313 rear view camera (has 75 Ohm with ground).
Pin 21 = Ground ---- Connected with Pin 23 to fix the problem.

Now I have very clear picture and works flawlessly.

TCH 2009 with Navigation

Last edited by drini; 10-28-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast

Did your nav display an image similar to mine when you had the faint video? (See picture page 19 of this forum) I brought my Camry to a mobile electronics store and showed the guy the image that the camera was displaying on the nav. He said that I either have a bad head unit, which I find hard to believe considering the fact everything else displays perfectly, or I have a bad camera. I have my power and ground connected to the reverse light and my video+ connected to pin 22 and the video- connected to pin 23. This is the ONLY way I could get the camera to display any sort of image on the screen. I tried using Aki's advice and connected the video- to pin 21. This resulted in the nav not even recognizing that a camera was attached. I'm have really high hopes that a new camera will solve this issue.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast

The picture was very very faint almost grey-black. You could read clearly the nav msg and only any light that was in front of the camera. I tested the camera in TV AV input and it was perfect.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hmmm. So I should probably take the ground wire off of the reverse light and run it to pin 23 and then make a connection from pin 23 to pin 21? Then don't connect the video shield negative wire to anything? I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding the way you wired it up. I'm having the exact same problem you were having. Sorry to bother you with so many questions. I'm just really frustrated with my multiple failed attempts to get this to work properly.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

I just made a jump of pin 21 to pin 23 (shield of camera cable being connected to pin 23) and powered from the reverse light.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help! I'm going to give this a try once I get the replacement camera shipped to me.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Mario,

Did you finally got your camera to work or not?

Tim

Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

No I never did. I'm planning on trying again soon.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you. Please keep us posted.

Tim

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands