Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner
Thumbs up Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

OK,
I paid $780 for all maintenance thru 55k miles...
They gave me the premium service, not the basic.
A premium oil change costs $84 each at 5-10-20-25-35-40-50 and 55k miles.
These include engine treatment (I assume cleaning).

15k lists at $149 and includes fuel injector cleaning and battery service.

30K lists at $369 and includes fuel injector cleaning, radiator flush and fill,
battery service with leak test, cumbustion chamber de-carb service (?), inspect, clean, and adjust brakes.

45k lists at $275 and includes fuel injector cleaning, transmission fluid drain and flush/fill with conditioner, battery service.

All of the above have the usual tire rotation, oil change , fluid top off, system inspection. Also includes roadside assistance for 4 months/5000miles.
Car wash any time I want one and with any service.

I think I got a great deal....

Old 06-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

I got a free key ring with the dealer's logo etched onto it. Wow!

I did pay list (to the dollar), verified through Comsumer Reports car buying. No hidden charges, no added costs, no useless, overpriced accessories. Great deal? No. I never thought I'd pay list for a car.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I paid $900 under MSRP...options on mine were Sunroof, mirrors, floor mats. $99 processing fee. That's it.

On my trade, I got $600 over what CarMax offered. I consider myself very lucky and would highly recommend Fitzgerald Toyota. www.fitzmall.com They list all their prices online.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

The dealership that I purchased my desert sand TCH w/ sunroof from had it come in and the original buyer backed out. They wanted to move it, so I got it for $900 under MSRP, plus I got the added benefit of not having to wait 2 months for it to be built/shipped to me. I was able to drive it off the lot, which proved really nice!

Old 07-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got them to throw in the body side molding and give me $2800 on my trade (a 93 camry se with 151000 miles). Though they did charge me a $300 doc fee and I bought the gap insurance ($600). Should I not have purchased that gap for that price? I don't know. I still dont feel like I got a good deal.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast

Zero freebies/discounts in New Jersey. Had to pay full MSRP. Only way I got anything was (because I was paying cash and not financing) by holding their feet to the fire and forcing them to put the full price on 3 of my credit cards. I got the float on my $32k for an extra 45 days and got a free airline ticket (25,000 miles) out of it.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GardenGuru
Zero freebies/discounts in New Jersey. Had to pay full MSRP. Only way I got anything was (because I was paying cash and not financing) by holding their feet to the fire and forcing them to put the full price on 3 of my credit cards. I got the float on my $32k for an extra 45 days and got a free airline ticket (25,000 miles) out of it.
Good idea. Wish I thought of it. I put the initial $500 deposit on my credit card. They allowed me to put another $5000 on the credit card when I picked up the car. I should have pushed for the entire balance.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by lem144
I got them to throw in the body side molding and give me $2800 on my trade (a 93 camry se with 151000 miles). Though they did charge me a $300 doc fee and I bought the gap insurance ($600). Should I not have purchased that gap for that price? I don't know. I still dont feel like I got a good deal.
Is gap insurance used to insure that you don't wind up owing money due to depreciation if your car gets totalled shortly after purchase?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Is gap insurance used to insure that you don't wind up owing money due to depreciation if your car gets totalled shortly after purchase?
Yes - that is the argument that they use...

Drive off the lot, and total it on the way home. You will end up upside down unless you get the gap insurance. That is what they say, at least. I have never had an opportunity to use it.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

Did you know that Travelers insurance offers a 10% discount on auto insurance to hybrid vehicle owners? Pretty cool! Check out their site: www.hybridtravelers.com, tell them your hybrid story, and register to win a free iPod!

Quick Reply: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands