Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Brian5499
Default Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

I was just wondering if anyone had been able to get any discounts or freebies from the dealer, especially since we have all pretty much had to may MSRP. Let me know. Thanks!

Brian M.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

I got a base model Hybrid Camry and the dealer took off about 800 bucks and the cost of frieght.....not to mention, he bought my Mother and I both Toyota thermos mugs!!! Now I'm just waiting for delivery.....can't wait!!

Old 05-18-2006, 05:39 AM
Brian5499

Jeez you got a great deal. Im guessing you ordered from Canada then?? I wish dealers were as nice in the states.....

Old 05-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast

I find that deal hard to believe... must be a Winnipeg thing. In Toronto, they're not giving anything off, you pay list + admin fee in most cases.

When you guys write about your deals, I assume they are the final terms, as written on the purchase agreement and signed by both parties? If it's a verbal promise from the dealer, we all know that's worth less than the hot air expelled from the salesperson's mouth!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

No insult intended but without knowing the final bottom line number and how it was arrived at, what does "about $800" and "cost of freight" taken off really mean? I hope he got a great deal and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. Dealers will add anything to a sticker price and then take stuff off to make it look like a great deal. Read a recent article in Car and Driver as to what goes on in the business.

At the end of the day, I don't really care if some other Joe beats the price I'm paying by $500. If I'm happy with the deal in front of me, I buy the deal.

My 'deal', ordered 6 weeks ago, due in on 6/15, is covered by an offer sheet printed by the dealer. It is MSRP less $500. I was told by the salesman that they usually charge a $199 dealer document & car prep fee. Not paying any of that extra stuff.

Last edited by ozarkgolfer; 05-18-2006 at 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling changed meaning of message
Old 05-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast

Right, or the dealer can add a bunch of dealer installed options, then offer you a "good deal". i.e., they will add their own leather, remote start, chrome wheels, etc., then take off '$thousands' !

Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

speaking of aftermarket stuff, anyone have any experience with aftermarket leather seats? A hybrid of my color choosing just rolled off the truck without the leather seats I am interested in and the dealer fired back that they can add them aftermarket and guarantee them for life (whatever life means). He said that the default leather seats are only guaranteed for 3 years.

I wouldn't pay any markup over the original price and I am not sure if this means I would aslo not get the cool seat heater/electronic movability.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

I do have a final bottom line number, I just didn't want to start spouting off exactly what I paid for my car. And since the Camry Hybrids had not been delivered to Canada yet, the dealer said he would be able to save us some money on the freight costs if we preordered the vehicle. And because my brother also bought a car from the same dealer only days before I did, he made the prices of the two cars even. So my brother got a Sport Rav4 for the exact same price as I got for my Camry Hybrid. I had the price with all the discounts written and signed!! I'm not just going by something my dealer told me....I have it in writing!! If you really want to know the exact price......just ask!!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Perhaps letting us know the price is the best thing.
Sorry to say, but it seems like either you or your brother got a bad deal. A base Camry Hybrid in Canada lists for almost TWO THOUSAND LESS than a Rav4 Sport, on the road including taxes. So either your hybrid was marked up by $2000, or your brother's Rav4 was discounted by $2000 and you paid full list price for your Camry HV.

The latter makes the most sense. Rav4s are much more plentiful than Camrys. If anyone gets a LEGITIMATE discount on a Camry HV, let us know. By legitimate, I mean versus the price on the Toyota website, not a disc off the price a salesperson tells you!

Old 05-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Enthusiast

My local dealer participates in the Costco auto program - they say they're deal for the Camry Hybrid is MSRP - $750. (or was it $500 -- I don't have the paperwork in front of me)

For other, less 'in demand' models it's $500 over invoice.

Chris

Quick Reply: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands