Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Actually, I think the difference between a Rav4 Sport and a Camry Hybrid is only $1000. My brother also got a floor model, so he didn't have the freight charges that I had. So after freight and options the total for the Camry was $32500. I hope its a good deal, but if not, I DON'T CARE!! I OWN MY FIRST HYBRID!!!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think you are being hosed to the tune of $2k (however....I could be wrong. Go to Edmunds.com and check the prices against what you are getting your TCH for. US$32500 before TTL should buy you a fully optioned (absolutely everything) TCH and includes the Toyota delivery charge.

If you are being hosed, contact your dealer's sales manager and tell him that you were told that the price you are paying was discounted off MSRP. Toyota takes a dim view of dealers selling over MSRP in most of the US but I don't know what the deal is in Canada.

Originally Posted by ryan7up
Actually, I think the difference between a Rav4 Sport and a Camry Hybrid is only $1000. My brother also got a floor model, so he didn't have the freight charges that I had. So after freight and options the total for the Camry was $32500. I hope its a good deal, but if not, I DON'T CARE!! I OWN MY FIRST HYBRID!!!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Enthusiast

Toyota dealers in Canada are not allowed to sell about MSRP, and (at least in Toronto) they all adhere to it.

Floor models still get charged freight - so the dealer is definitely lying to you.

The easiest way to see if you're getting hosed is to go to www.Toyota.ca and click on Price Your Toyota. You can then see what your cost should cost with taxes in, 'on the road'.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryan7up
All I am really trying to do here is make sure you make a fully informed buying decision that you make once every few years from a professional corporation that makes it's living from trying to drag every last dop from each sale. You need to do whatever you feel is right - it's your prerogative and your money!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast

base Camry Hybrid in Manitoba goes for $38,095 "on the road". Your $32,500 was before taxes, no doubt.

Rav4 Sport is $39,500 on the road.

You should be able to get a $1000+ disc on the Rav4, but on the Camry you'll be doing well to pay list, or maybe $500 off.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

The freight costs for my brother's Rav4 were taken off!! He also got a much bigger discount than I did. I also said that I had additional options on the car so it wasn't purely a base model. You seem so adamant to make yourself look much more knowledgeable than me. And even though that maybe the case, why do you have to rain on my parade??

Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Because it's not too late to fix the dealer's mistake and get yourself the best deal possible. If you don't care, that's fine. Personally I hate dealers and hate how 99% of them cause us to waste money.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 AM
mak
Banned

Well the dealer that I bought my TCH gave me free oil change for life. I paid about 33K out the door so my white fully loaded TCH.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

My MagGrey\Ash with the following items will be here in 2 weeks: Nav Pkg,Sunroof Pkg,Leather Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Remote Start, V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System, Preferred Acc Pkg & XM Radio. I have A signed sheet from the dealership for $31,121.00 + tx & lic.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Enthusiast

How the heck did you get that?? That's amazing!!

Quick Reply: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands