Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default What color is F1 Pinnacle?

What color is the FormulaOne Pinnacle tint? Is it gray or smokey brown? It's not blue/purple is it?

Old 05-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek
Default Re: Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Could you post some pictures?
I'll get some better photos later. In the meantime, here are a few taken with my phone.
If I had to do it again....I would!!! The tint is really sweet.
Before the 20% tint, I didn't like tha fact that my interior was so visible to anyone walking by. When I park and put the sunshade in the front window, it makes it really hard to see into the car.
(notice that I had to move the XM antenna to the rear deck)

Last edited by wilsons66604; 05-18-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
I'll get some better photos later. In the meantime, here are a few taken with my phone.
If I had to do it again....I would!!! The tint is really sweet.
Before the 20% tint, I didn't like tha fact that my interior was so visible to anyone walking by. When I park and put the sunshade in the front window, it makes it really hard to see into the car.
(notice that I had to move the XM antenna to the rear deck)
Oh she looks real nice! I wish I could keep mine that clean...I have had a hell of a time keeping it clean and dealing crappy paint quality...plus a gouge in my bumper and a door dent above the front right wheel well

Anyhow, it looks like you did it all windows except the windsheild. I was thinking 30%. But the 20% doesn't look too dark after all. I set up an appointment for Monday and will pick out the tint then. I'm getting Solar Guard tint film from a local shop called Solar Shades. Cost is about $190 with lifetime warranty.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow Wilsons, that is a nice looking TCH.

The tint looks great with the black paint.

I agree with Mikie -- I find my Mag Grey REALLY hard to keep clean. Shows dust, all fingerprints, etc. Looks wonderful when it is washed and waxed, but after two-three days even with no rain it starts looking dirty.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by LEAKYTCH
Wow Wilsons, that is a nice looking TCH.

The tint looks great with the black paint.

I agree with Mikie -- I find my Mag Grey REALLY hard to keep clean. Shows dust, all fingerprints, etc. Looks wonderful when it is washed and waxed, but after two-three days even with no rain it starts looking dirty.
Mine turns yellow around this time of year :-P

Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought a Met Grey and got the windows tinted at 5% all around!! I know seems really dark, and it is, maybe too dark, but I think it looks great, Ill post pics tommorow!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Couple of questions for all of you who have tinted their windows:

1. How does the tint work on the rear window with defroster wires? In my brother's car we can see horizontal glare lines (caused by the defroster wires) above and below the headlights in the rearview mirror. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea how to fix this? Hope this is not a common problem. Is this just the job not done right by the tint installer?

2. How does the tint affect the auto-dimming feature of the rearview mirror?

Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by insanehurricane
I just bought a Met Grey and got the windows tinted at 5% all around!! I know seems really dark, and it is, maybe too dark, but I think it looks great, Ill post pics tommorow!
CIMG0473.jpg

CIMG0471.jpg

CIMG0470.jpg

Old 06-16-2007, 01:17 PM

For those who have trouble keeping the dark colors clean, I am very happy with the California Car Duster. I washed and waxed my Mag Gray TCH last week on Saturday, and it hasn't rained a drop all week. I have dusted it twice during the last week, and it does a great job of removing the pollen buildup. Once it gets rained on while the pollen is on the car, though, there is nothing that can be done other than a wash!