Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

I have a magnetic grey TCH, and I think tinting the windows would really give it a great look. We recently went on a 2 hour trip with the kids in the middle of a sunny day, and they didn't like the bright sun beating down on them. They are used to riding in our Pontiac Montana which has dark factory glass all the way around.

Does anybody have any Mag Grey TCH's with tinted windows? How dark did you go? Metallic or ceramic? Can you post a picture?

Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Leakytech, are you Sylvia Brown? I was just about to log on and post the very same thing. I'm a new Magnetic Grey Met. owner. Mine has the ash leather interior. I am also considering tinting my windows and am leaning towards ceramic (because of Nav) tint from Formula One. However, I'm not 100% I want to get it. I know that the tint looks absolutely fabulous on the Titanium Silver Camrys, I'm just not sure how it will look on the mag grey.

I'm going to visit my local Formula One installer this weekend to check out the different types available. Do post an update if you choose to get the tint, LeakyTCH.

Edit:
I just logged on to the "Compare" section of the website and found some images of high_bread$'s Mag Grey TCT with tint over here:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/br...imageuser=6640

With all due respect to high_bread$, I'm not sure that these images make me want to get the tint. It makes me think of someone wearing black socks to the gym. It just doesn't quite jive. Perhaps it's the rims that I'm finding distracting or perhaps it's the level of tint, but the car looks almost...ghetto. high_bread$, if you haven't taken offense to my posting, would you mind telling us what level of tint you have on your TCH?

Last edited by CamryMan; 05-15-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamryMan
Leakytech, are you Sylvia Brown? I was just about to log on and post the very same thing. I'm a new Magnetic Grey Met. owner. Mine has the ash leather interior. I am also considering tinting my windows and am leaning towards ceramic (because of Nav) tint from Formula One. However, I'm not 100% I want to get it. I know that the tint looks absolutely fabulous on the Titanium Silver Camrys, I'm just not sure how it will look on the mag grey.

I'm going to visit my local Formula One installer this weekend to check out the different types available. Do post an update if you choose to get the tint.
I tinted my TCH with carbon tin w/o any problems.
I went w/ limo darkness and I have no issues with my Nav. The key is to make sure the tint is carbon and you will not have any problems.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by kenkobra
I tinted my TCH with carbon tin w/o any problems.
I went w/ limo darkness and I have no issues with my Nav. The key is to make sure the tint is carbon and you will not have any problems.
Any problems with the HVAC? The sunlight sensor makes certain presumptions based on the readings a sensor positioned at the front window makes. With tinting on the other windows its assumptions will likely be incorrect. I suspect the A/C might make the car temps swing more than they should or just run on the cold side especially in winter.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

I've got a magnetic grey Toyota Camry Hybrid and just recently (less than a month ago) had the windows tinted. I think the maximum legal tint in Georgia is 35%, although i'm not an expert---that's just what I think the "Tint Doctor" (the guy who did it---honestly, that what it says on his card). It's a new film, according to the Tint Doctor, who says it's a special film with less metal in it because of navigatiion system and radio interference concerns. He was going to go with a ceramic film, but got this stuff instead and said it cost a little more, but he felt confident it would be okay.And, so far, it has been okay. No interference with the nav system that I can discern; no problems with the radio. I live in Southern Georgia and it's been nothing but sunny and hot. The tint definitely helps with the heat. I've been very pleased.I would post photos except I'm in Doha, Qatar right now and don't have access them. I'm also using the Internet-through-the-TV to post this reply. I can probably post photos in a week or so. I don't have any funky "rims" on my Camry Hybrid although I have ordered some nicer (in my opinion) looking wheels from TireRack. They're not in yet.I think if you tint the windows on a magnetic grey Toyota Camry Hybrid you will be pleased. I think mine looks better as a result and the interior heat reduction is noticeable.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

With the Mag Grey, in my opinion, the key to a good look is NOT going too dark. I would want it to look like a factory job, so that the windows are more of a charcoal color than dark black. It would give the windows and the sheet metal a cool monolithic appearance.

It's just a matter of personal preference obviously, so that is why I was wondering how different tints have turned out appearance wise.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast

LeakyTech, I think you're absolutely correct. The darker tint looks amazing on the Titanium TCH, but a lighter tint would probably be more appropriate for the Mag Grey. I can't wait to see what the Formula One shop has available.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am getting my black TCH tinted next week (after I wash it). I am probably going to go 30% but want to see what the 20% is like. I wont touch 5%.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

By the Way...Black is not the only color of tint. You guys could get a charcoal tint.
(I have a black tch with 20% black tint and I love it)

Old 05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
By the Way...Black is not the only color of tint. You guys could get a charcoal tint.
(I have a black tch with 20% black tint and I love it)
Could you post some pictures?

Quick Reply: Any Mag Greys With Tinted Windows?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands