6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

if you could read, the widows and orphans fund is not a governmental agency, it is funded primarily by donations. If you are implying I am shady, i believe people can see who is profiteering from this.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Jer
Don't taze me bro!

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Yes you have been an adult about it and no we (at least me) don't know you. You could be a saint for all we know.

Also you have to admit that sh@t was getting slung both ways.

See both sides of the story though.

I personally can live without the disc.
I agree. I took what he did as shady based on the facts that were presented to me and labeled him possibly unfairly and for that I do want to apologize.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Jer
Don't taze me bro!

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
if you could read, the widows and orphans fund is not a governmental agency, it is funded primarily by donations. If you are implying I am shady, i believe people can see who is profiteering from this.
Now I'm illiterate? This is going nowhere.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Jer and nyceshirtz back to your corners or I will Taze you both. Can't we all be nyce and get along?

Old 04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
In case you arent aware of any wothwhile charities, the NYPD or NYFD or PAPD widows and orphans funds would be a good choice.
Originally Posted by Jer
Since when is NYPD, NYFD or PAPD a charity? Last I checked those were government funded agencies.
Originally Posted by Jer
Now I'm illiterate?
Originally Posted by Jer
"based on the facts that were presented to me and labeled him "
touché

nuf said.

Last edited by nyceshirtz; 04-29-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nyceshirts,

Were you planning on getting a copy from him and then burning copies of that to sell for $5 to make up your money? To me thats perfectly fair, but from what I have learned, the hardest part about making this disk IS burning it! Thats what pisses me off so much with these people trying to make $50 and $100 dollars off this!

The data is readily available all over the place to make this disk, the hard part is getting the data on the disk correctly. Which from what I can tell, all that takes is the right burner with the right disk and the rest is easy! I am guessing Jer, just like everyone else who made their disk, got the data online EASILY and just went through some trial and error to get the data on the disk. That part may not be super easy, but it is NO WAY work $50 a copy! Thats insane profit for nothing in my opinion! If I ever stop being lazy and make this disk I will gladly send anyone who wants a copy for the cost of shipping and a disk (probably $5). I said this on another forum like a month ago though...so dont hold your breath, since I am pretty lazy.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven77
The data is readily available all over the place to make this disk, the hard part is getting the data on the disk correctly.
I have yet to find it.

I am guessing Jer, just like everyone else who made their disk, got the data online EASILY and just went through some trial and error to get the data on the disk. That part may not be super easy, but it is NO WAY work $50 a copy!
I believe he told me he purchased it.

If I ever stop being lazy and make this disk I will gladly send anyone who wants a copy for the cost of shipping and a disk (probably $5). I said this on another forum like a month ago though...so dont hold your breath, since I am pretty lazy.
Jeez, I would have taken a non-hacked copy for $5.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Well thanks to Chris_H I think I have finally created the hybrid 6.1 disc. He sent the info for creating the disc which I already had but he included the missing piece for me. I couldn't figure out how to change the BOOK TYPE to DVD_ROM. Now I also understand, from another link he gave me, why you have to make the BOOK TYPE to DVD-ROM. The DVD player won't play a DVD +R disc. By changing the BOOK TYPE to DVD-ROM you are fooling the player into think it is a DVD_ROM disc and not DVD +R. I currently have the fuse out and am waiting to put it in. I put the disc in initially to see if the NAV system would recognize it and this was the first time it did. I checked the details section and it showed it was 6.1. Basically it showed up exactly as the original disc. I will report back if it works after the fuse is put back in. I am pretty confident it will.

Thank Chris_H for your help. This was driving me nuts!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Houston we have liftoff! I accessed the hidden menu, just haven't driven with it yet and tested. When I first turned on the vehicle it said DVD missing but about 5 seconds later it loaded up with no problem!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Well thanks to Chris_H I think I have finally created the hybrid 6.1 disc. He sent the info for creating the disc which I already had but he included the missing piece for me. I couldn't figure out how to change the BOOK TYPE to DVD_ROM. Now I also understand, from another link he gave me, why you have to make the BOOK TYPE to DVD-ROM. The DVD player won't play a DVD +R disc. By changing the BOOK TYPE to DVD-ROM you are fooling the player into think it is a DVD_ROM disc and not DVD +R. I currently have the fuse out and am waiting to put it in. I put the disc in initially to see if the NAV system would recognize it and this was the first time it did. I checked the details section and it showed it was 6.1. Basically it showed up exactly as the original disc. I will report back if it works after the fuse is put back in. I am pretty confident it will.

Thank Chris_H for your help. This was driving me nuts!!!
What software did you end up using?

Using ImgBurn I did not have to touch a thing with two different burners.

Quick Reply: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands