6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Originally Posted by delao13
Do you mean you don't have to press the OK button to get the warnings to go away?
Correct. The downside is you CAN't make the message go away sooner by pressing a button. You have to wait until it decides to remove the message. Several seconds but sometimes having to wait can be an annoyance.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 AM
TCH Obsessive

I have a nice disc that I paid a bit for, but it is the old firmware so I can override and the 8.0 data. It's da-bomb.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by mlarma
I have a nice disc that I paid a bit for, but it is the old firmware so I can override and the 8.0 data. It's da-bomb.
When did 8 come out?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

My 2009 TCH came with 7.1. I assume it is the latest, unless the sales guy just gave me the wrong DVD.

Actually, I really miss my TomTom. The Tom Tom would always change the Map direction so I could easily see that left turns are left and right turns are right. With the TCH, a Right turn might be up or down relative to the screen.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 AM
TCH Obsessive

Dunno...look on eBay. That's where I got mine. It was like 75 bucks or something....

Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
Actually, I really miss my TomTom. The Tom Tom would always change the Map direction so I could easily see that left turns are left and right turns are right. With the TCH, a Right turn might be up or down relative to the screen.
You have to change the map orientation. Click on the compass icon in the upper left of the screen (map). When it displaces a "N" that means the top of the map will always be north. When it displays just two triangles (think one is red and the other white) the top of the map will be where you are heading...thus making the right turn be on the right.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 04-24-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

My 2009 TCH came with 7.1. I assume it is the latest, unless the sales guy just gave me the wrong DVD.

Easily fixed. Just tap the compass rose in the upper left corner and instead of north up it will be your driving direction up.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for this great tip. The Nav map screen is really confusing compared to tom tom and I am sure it will take a long time before I understand it all.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Thanks for this great tip. The Nav map screen is really confusing compared to tom tom and I am sure it will take a long time before I understand it all.
You should have received a Navigation Supplement with your TCH. If you purchased it new go beat on your salesperson to get one. Otherwise everything discussed is in there.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

I also bought the "8.0" release off ebay. Works fine and has all the over rides, however the seller must be a smart teckie who changed the DVD version to say dvd 8.0, but if get into the secondary service screens - the maps are still 7.x..

there isn't a true 8.x release as far as my research shows, but I've been known to be wrong before. Made a backup copy and it works fine also... Found more streets the 6.x I had

Better but than the big $$ Toyota wants

Quick Reply: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands