2014 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2014 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Change

Been lurking for a while this is my first post. I am attempting to do a brake fluid change on my 2014 Camry Hybrid using Techstream. There are no videos of a Camry Hybrid brake fluid flush that I can find. There is one for a Prius and I believe one for a Lexus. Those procedures differ in some of the details.

One thing that I noticed on my vehicle is the only way I can access the brake system with Techstream is to turn on the car. This causes the internal combustion engine ( ICE) to start & stop depending on the battery level. This creates a problem/hazard when working in a confine space (i.e. my garage). Not quite sure how to deal with that yet. The service instructions say “turn power switch on (IG)” which is not clear if that means to start the ICE. Essentially after that the service manual says to follow the Techstream on screen instructions.

Before I take the plunge I’d like to ask a few questions, hopefully someone has done this already.
1. Is there a way to turn the car on without running the ICE and still have Techstream access to the brake system?
2. Will I need to pull out any relays?
3. Will I need to push on the brake pedal while I open a bleeder screws?

Not sure if there is any other part of this procedure that might be a surprise since I haven’t tried this yet. Any insights are welcomed….