07 TCH warning lights, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 07 TCH, Whatt are these warning lights about?

Today when I was driving , suddenly few lights came up and my car suddenly slowed a bit. I thought I was going to get stuck. I could hear air noise coming out of the rear vent behind my backseat at the back window. I will post both pics below. Please tell me what these warning lights are about and what I should do or what work or repair I should expect at a car repair shop? I know the Toyota dealer repair shop is preferred place to go but they are known ripping people off. Can a regular auto mechanic shop find and fix any problem on TCH car ? You can see the mileage on my car and the two warning lights with the icons . I don’t drive my car a lot except for going for grocery shoppings etc I have done couple of break jobs , one door replacement due to rust and the regular battery replacement once ( not the hybrid battery). I have been doing the regular oil changes and changed air and cabin filter few months ago.

Last edited by jimmy1; 04-01-2020 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixed the title
Old 04-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 TCH warning lights, what to do?

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...tml#post263706

Lasted longer than I thought.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
that was old post and it had error. On the old post I mentioned replacing the non hybrid battery I bought from an auto store which was incorrect one . I later bought the original battery at Toyota dealer and installed it there . I didn’t replace the battery because I had any battery issue. I replaced it because I think the one I had in my car was too old and I wanted to be safe. What do you think about the new issue I am having? I see two warning lights at dashboard and I can hear the rear vent blowing , (the one behind the backseat and under the rear windshield)as if I turned on the AC or heat or something . My car is running fine but I do have the two warning lights . Pls give me suggestions I mentioned in the first post. Thanks

Last edited by jimmy1; 04-01-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:28 PM

You need a new hybrid battery.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

You need a new hybrid battery.
Just to make sure , You looked at the dashboard pic I posted and the check hybrid system warning and the icon on the other side means I need new hybrid battery? It is no other issue or repair right ? If it is the hybrid battery problem, I am looking at spending thousands? Wish I could afford a new car for my family but I can’t . I need advice on where to find the best battery deal. Thank you

Old 04-01-2020, 05:40 PM

Dash lights + battery cooling fan audible is almost a 100% certainty that your hybrid battery has failed. Since the car is ready and willing to tell you what's wrong, all you need to do is check the codes to confirm.

Given how little you drive, any non-new battery solution has a much higher likelihood of failure vs. a brand new one. If you want the best VALUE for your money, you need to buy a brand new Toyota battery.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dash lights + battery cooling fan audible is almost a 100% certainty that your hybrid battery has failed. Since the car is ready and willing to tell you what's wrong, all you need to do is check the codes to confirm.

Given how little you drive, any non-new battery solution has a much higher likelihood of failure vs. a brand new one. If you want the best VALUE for your money, you need to buy a brand new Toyota battery.
You think I should go to the Toyota dealer repair shop and ask them what it is about the problem I am having or talk about the cost of a new battery ? How much would it cost to get new hybrid battery and if I can finance them with monthly payment?Thanks

Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy1
You think I should go to the Toyota dealer repair shop and ask them what it is about the problem I am having or talk about the cost of a new battery ? How much would it cost to get new hybrid battery and if I can finance them with monthly payment?Thanks
Per my previous message, you need to check the codes.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Per my previous message, you need to check the codes.
how do I check the code? Where and with what? Thanks

Old 04-04-2020, 12:10 PM

I'm out. I forgot how helpless/clueless you are. Shame on me for getting involved.

Got to the dealership.

Quick Reply: 07 TCH warning lights, what to do?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands