Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

hybrid car dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default hybrid car dealers

Does anyone feel as awkward and out of thier comfort zone trying to buy a car as I do?

I Thought shopping for a Hybrid would be different but it was not.

They made it seem like I was getting a discount but it was really the fed tax credit.

Please advise.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: hybrid car dealers

Yes. I feel the same way. Have you found one yet?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I am an insider and still got the treatment on the first hybrid i ordered. They were willing to sell me the vehicle at "Plan" price but wanted to underbid $1,000 on my trade-in. I think they look at us as easy pickin's since we just have to have a hybrid. I walked when they would not negotiate the trade.

I don't begrudge a dealer making a fair profit on a vehicle sale, but don't treat us differently than any other buyer just because we woul;d like to purchase a hybrid. I would quickly walk away from a dealership that wanted over MSRP, or a so called "market adjustment".

Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast

I must confess. I am brand new to the posting verbage on a forum format. I threw this out there as a Maiden Voyage to see what type of response I would get. It strikes me odd that it has been a while since I posted that comment and the first reply was days later. I just assumed things happened faster online. I have beed approached to be a vendor on this forum and no idea what it entailed. Please see my post under General Discussion ,Any Questions , by MattyMo. I would welcome any advice you have to help me cut my teeth on forum sites.

Matt

Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

Very strange. This came to my email but when I click on the link it goes to the article about the MKZ but no where is the text listed beneath it. Am I doing something wrong ?

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Rated at 41/36 MPG
Cars.com (blog)
Do not mention specific car dealers by name. Feel free to mention your city, state and brand. Try to be civil to your fellow blog readers. ...
See all stories on this topic