Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Damaged 2006 Fscape Hybrid Salt Lake UT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Damaged 2006 Fscape Hybrid Salt Lake UT

For immediate sale iin SLC Utah. 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2WD, Only 8000 miles, previous California salvage title (no warranty, no flood damage), on road again, passed California, and Canadian entry checks. Canadian import taxes paid. This San Diego area vehicle was imported into Alberta in October 2007, and was rear ended. November 30th in Salt Lake City Utah. Kermit Green, black cladding trim with grey cloth interior, base CD player. I am tired of Insurance company run around. Hybrid system checked by Ford dealer in SLC & all recalls done. Vehicle is driveable, back & neck injuries prevent retrieval from Utah. Very clean, non smoker. Pictures available. Kermit was well loved by our family and we are sad to see him go. This hybrid performed as advertised and our local mpg was 36 MPG. Reasonable offers entertained. Good easy project for body man, or access to Escape Parts. Payment in US or Canadian Funds. 780-459-0813 Alberta, Canada or tya2@4-fly.net.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Damaged 2006 Fscape Hybrid Salt Lake UT

I would be interested in photos.
I'm driving 30,000 miles per year for work, and I'm going to wear out my 2005 pretty fast. Not concerned over cosmetics, but would like to see photos of damaged areas. I am also close to Salt Lake City a few times a year, and will be there 2 days during the coming holidays.

My email is:
gpsman1@yahoo.com

-John

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"no warranty" mean no 8/10 year hybrid warranty either???

Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Good question Walt.

Noticed also that is said previous California salvage title. Has this car been totalled before and written off or was it a Lemon Law buyback?

I'd love to see the Carfax on it or learn the history of this vehicle since it left the plant. Seems like it has had a tough 8000 miles.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast

Can we ask for some pictures of it? and I hope it is still available, whats your phone number???

Old 07-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Enthusiast

Dear 4 X 4,

This vehicle is no longer sitting in Salt Lake City. It was rotting in a body shop awaiting the outcome of 2 insurance adjusters. I got fed up and drove it back to Canada where it sat waiting for a body shop to work on it. It was just completed and back on the road as of yesterday. It is currently located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and has 11,500 miles on it. The fight with the insurance companies for payment will probably take as long as it took to get it repaired. I am a Canadian and we don't really go in for suing people but with the attitude at American Family Insurance and Meloche Monnex what the hell, I will go after the insurance companies. Kermit lives no thanks to insurance companies and he drives just fine. The real problem is no one wants to work on hybrids. and small shops that might work on them don't want to wait for Ford to find parts, or be paid by insurers. The only way Kermit got fixed was for me to front the parts, and the labor, and then go to collect. There was lots of subcontracting for a minor accident. But Kermit is a really "green" car having been recycled twice. Once in California and once in Utah. I can say that the escape not being driven for 5 months seemed to have no immediate effect on mileage. The major casulties were a smart junction box, and fuel gage that doesn't read full.

Rocky

If I could kill the link or thread I would, but I don't know how...