Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

US's proposal to the world....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast
Wink US's proposal to the world....

Leave it to ??? to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message:

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The U.S. will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past and present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We will then station troops at our borders. No one allowed in by sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs in order and leave. we'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to a 90 day
visit unless given a special permit! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum will never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The U.S. will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require temporary drilling for oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we'll go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever; for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them, is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Relocate the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it..or LEAVE! Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." she's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Last edited by MagGreyGoose; 06-30-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Gotta love Robin Williams! US's proposal to the world....

Not from Robin at all.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...liams-plan.htm

Try googling "robin williams plan for peace" and see for yourself.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Agreed! 100%

Old 06-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Enthusiast

Oh well, it's still the right sentiment. We'll say author... unknown!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: US's proposal to the world....

It's not our humanitarian work that people don't like, it's our foreign policy and double standards that irritate.

For example, let's take the Middle East. Forget all the crap that's happening now and just look at the history of our foreign policy there. We've overthrown democracies, supported dictators, sold weapons (including WMD's) to questionable regimes, turned a blind eye to human rights violations, etc. etc.

If I were them, I wouldn't like us very much either.

When we get involved in worldly affairs for the right reasons (stopping genocide and ethnic cleansing for example), we usually have the world's support in doing so.

It's when our combined ignorance, arrogance, and belligerence get in the way of good judgment that people do not like.

It's not even the American people, so much as how we are perceived by the actions of the current administration.

Peace will come about when people lose the "my way or the highway" attitude. This applies to both theological and political tolerance.

~X~

Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: US's proposal to the world....

Good post. The only thing I'd like to mention is that those same problems have been around for a long, long, long time.

I remember doing nuclear blast drills in school, Teheran hostages, 747's falling from the sky, beirut marines and trade center parking deck explosions to name a few.

I think the "current" administration also includes congress.

I remember when Iran was a friend and ally to the West.