Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

The World we live in

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi all,
I made the mistake today of chiming in about fuel economy at work, DOH!! :blink: Anyway, one of my co-workers (I am a councelor at YMCA summer camp, so the names used will be camp names) named Charly (a female) had a flat tire in her Chevy truck. While we were trying to figure out how to remove the spare tire and such (dang cryptic Chevy owners manual <_< ) my site director Bling said something about stupid Chevy. About this time Charly said something about she would have rathered gotten a F-250 diesle powerstroke turbo (ok...something like that, i dont know trucks). I made the mistake of asking if she paid for her gas (i know she doesnt hall stuff), the comment that i got back was from Bling, mainly to the effect of "well, diesle is cheaper :blink: ". At that point i made the mistake of commenting that, "its still would only get 12 mpg :o ", knowing that that is horrible. I basically got some dumb looks and decided to just leave it out of better judgement. I still have a hard time believing how wasteful our society is. Don't get me wrong, I am deffinatly not a green freak, but that is just absurd.
Cheers,
Steven

Old 06-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Site Founder

Welcome to America! :wub:

Old 06-03-2004, 06:07 PM

Folks at work ask me how my car is doing.
I tell them I almost always get better than 60MPG to/from work and they look like this Smiley :blink:
Lately some quote a news special that the cars typically get 25-35 MPG.
They can't argue with a calculated +700 miles from 13 gallons of gas though!
Thanks

Old 06-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Site Founder

Point them to the database.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:38 AM

Hi All:

___Once I started receiving a few outrageous mpg segments, people at work just stopped asking :unsure:

___Then again, they do get to work a lot faster then I do

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net