Trying to decide, Altima or Prius - Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Trying to decide, Altima or Prius - Please help!!

Originally Posted by townboy
a lots of time isn't u drive better then u won't get accident is also how other people drive... like SHE said "the 19 year old girl drunk out of her mind" so do i chose the NAH then civic or prius for safety reason for my 11 month baby
You are still better off driving safer than driving a safe car. I ride a motorcycle. I've been hit twice. I was hit, I did not hit them. If I was not riding safe, I might not be here. Because of the speed and my skill I was able to minimize the impact and because of my safety gear, I was able to reduce my injuries.

Nope, we can never be totally safe and even a NAH is not going to save you if a Semi Driver falls asleep and hits you head on. But, if you are driving smart and you can recognize the erratic driving of a drunk, you might be able to steer clear. Kind of like when I was driving home in the early hours one morning and saw a car coming at me. problem? I was on a highway. All traffic going one way. I immediately pulled to the shoulder and stopped. If they hit me, I just reduced the impact speed to what ever they were doing. The point...I was the only one to pull over! All the other traffic simply swerved to avoid this wrong way car. If any one of them swerved the wrong way, it would have been a minimum of 120 mph head on. instead of 60mph.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Trying to decide, Altima or Prius - Please help!!

The engine needs to come on over 40mph to prevent spinning the electric motor too fast. Switching to neutral to prevent the engine from coming on can potentially damage the electric motor. It also prevents the battery from recharging. Also, in some states coasting in neutral is illegal.