Siren like noise while slow down with my new NAH

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Siren like noise while slow down with my new NAH

We just bought a NAH yesterday with Cash4Clunker program. So we're driving home. The fan was on (not A/C). We were only doing about 40-45MPH. As we slowed down to come to a stop at 3 red lights, our ears perked up because it sounded like an ambulance or police car was nearby. Looking around the first 2 times and seeing nothing we assumed it was down the street out of view. The 3rd time though we looked at each other puzzled saying "where the hell is the ambulance"!?! We even missed the light because we stayed in place thinking it was going to come across the street (it was 1 in the morning so there was no traffic). I turned off the fan, and the car went into it's first Auto Stop, which also freaked my wife out! She didn't know that the car would actually have no sound and feel like it just stalled! Continuing down the street when the light turned green, we came to our turn and slowed down. Now we could hear the siren sound clearer! We both said "It's the engine". So, I'm asking has anyone heard this? I'd hate to think we have a problem with the car. This car had 7 miles on it as we drove it off the lot. They even haven't do detail on this car! So this baby is NEW. We would appreciate anyone's feedback on this, or is it just supposed to sound like that when decelerating and we have to get used to it? (This is exactly same symptom from another HCH owner, anyone can give some suggestion? with great thanks!)

Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Siren like noise while slow down with my new NAH

It's charging.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

it shouldn't be loud like an ambulance, but it should whine like that. have you ever been on a train or an electric golf cart? they make the same whine.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM

A reviewer of the '06 Honda Civic Hybrid said he was tempted to pull over once or twice, for the emergency vehicle that was apparently following

Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM

You seem to have copied verbatum large chunks of this posting:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ng-down-13138/

What's going on?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

It is exactly the same problem with AJR's HCH. Very Annoying. The electric golf car making this whinning sound while running but it is not on charging or braking. It is so loud every time I almost pull over my car for fear of emergency vehicle behind.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and smells like a duck, it probably is a fake post.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mendel Leisk
You seem to have copied verbatum large chunks of this posting:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ng-down-13138/

What's going on?

EXCELLENT detective work, ML. With all the REAL questions that people have, why on EARTH would someone create a fake post? Some nutjob oil company executive trying to scare people away from Hybrids one forum at a time?

Administrator - can we please have this whole string deleted? NAH2009 is obviously a plant of some sort.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast

believe it or not, it is the sound come from my 2009 NAH. The car is well made, we drove it home on last Thursday night and that make the noise more clear. I searched the forum and found someone else have the same problem asking years ago. We are not alone! On Saturday, we had a round trip to San francisico for about 250 miles, the mileage is good at the reading 35.2 mpg and average speed 30.5 mph. Since the first 50 miles, the gas economy far below 30 mpg, this trip should be >36 mpg. We are happy about it and feel we can get used to and live with the noise, particularly daytime.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

Here's a likely explanation for the duplicate post 2 years later. NAH2009 doesn't have the best English language skills, so to make life easier, he copied/pasted a post from the archives that seemed similar enough to his problem and edited some facts to reflect his own situation (obviously not all the facts). This seems a likely explanation due to the fact that those areas that differ from the original post are written "ESL" style.

Just figured I'd throw that out there and possible solve this weird "mystery post".

Quick Reply: Siren like noise while slow down with my new NAH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands