Rear Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Rear Brake Pads

Is it just my NAH or has anyone else had to replace their rear brake pads with under 30,000 miles?

I took off my snow tires last weekend and discovered that my rear pads were just about totally gone. Actually it was the outside pads on both wheels that were gone. The inside pads on both wheels still had some material left and Nissan puts the wear indicator on the inside pad of just the right side - at least that's how it was on mine - so it would have been useless to prevent damage to the discs. My discs were still OK - probably would have been damaged in another 100 miles or so - and I replaced the pads today.

I tought that brakes were supposed to last almost forever on a hybrid. The front pads still have lots of material left.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear Brake Pads

R u sure u haven't forget to put your hand break off for maybe once isn't go back to dealer if u under warr.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by townboy
R u sure u haven't forget to put your hand break off for maybe once isn't go back to dealer if u under warr.
The footbrake doesn't use the rear pads - it has it own brake shoes which are applied to internal drums on the rear discs.

When checking rear wheels off the ground they turn freely with no drag so the pads were worn just from being applied.

Unfortunately brake linings are not a warranty item.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Enthusiast

last time when i went in to local dealer the tech. told me the brake on Hybrid should good for 60 to 70K mile coz my SQ. like crazy on mine but after they did the adjustment on my break it got lots better i have about 33K