I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Originally Posted by townboy
i'm pretty sure all Hybrid are NOT WIRED.. but some of those 2.5 with SL or most 3.5 has prewired...
Hybrids ARE wired, you just need the pigtail connector and a new stalk. I'm waiting on my set to come, then I'm going to get ahold of the pigtail and the stalk and let you know how it goes.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

there is a esay way to check wired or not... open up your fuse box and check is there wire on the foglight not the fuse

Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zerodeefex
Hybrids ARE wired, you just need the pigtail connector and a new stalk. I'm waiting on my set to come, then I'm going to get ahold of the pigtail and the stalk and let you know how it goes.
Please do let us know. I'm very interested. Where'd you get the set from? How much did it cost? How involved a process is it to install? Etc, etc, etc...

Thanks in advance!

-Gren

Old 01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrendelKhan
Please do let us know. I'm very interested. Where'd you get the set from? How much did it cost? How involved a process is it to install? Etc, etc, etc...

Thanks in advance!

-Gren
I got my set from ebay. Waiting on wiring right now. Suffice it to say, you remove the bumber cover, pop out the plate covers, screw in the mounting to the bumper, connect up the wiring, and bam, they're all hooked up. The only problem is a switch (which you can get an aftermarket one) or you can take apart your steering column and drop the stalk in for a regular altima. I think I might do the latter to have a more OEM look.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

I have a Hybrid, bought oem fogs but can not find anyplace to connect the wiring. Could you let me know where to look I thought the hybrid did not have factory wiring.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast

far as i know only Canada model are pre-wired on all Altima

Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 NAH. I was so dissapointed that there were no fog lights, that I ordered them anyway. The dealer installed them for $300, but found no wiring when they put in the lights. At least I don't have to look at those ugly black dimples anymore. I am going to have my mechanic wire and hook up the fog lights to an open fuse in the fuse box. He is going to put in a separate switch under the dash. I will let you know how it comes out.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast

I just got fog lights installed on my 2007 NAH by my personal mechanic. The dealer installed the actual lights for $300 but would not install the wiring. I had to remove the lights to pass inspection because the lights were not working when I needed to get it inspected (end of the month). So my mechanic removed the lights and put back the plastic covers. My mechanic re-installed the fog lights and wired the lights through the front battery positive conection installed a high current relay, put in a special fuse and used marine waterproof connectors to avoid any water. He put a special lighted switch on the fuse door to the lower left of the steering wheel. I was charged $400 in parts and labor. It took him 5 hours to complete the job. But they work!!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

So, is there still no OEM option available for complete dealer install?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

Yes you are correct. There is no wiring or any way the dealer will install fog lights. There is not even a fuse for it. I had my mechanic add a special fuse for my fog lights. I have had no problem with them for more than 6 months.