2 Fobs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Hybrid Enthusast
Default 2 Fobs?

I just read Ian33's post in another thread which brought up a very good question.

Will the car freak out if I have my key with me, and my wife also does in her purse?

I tried to look for something in the manual, but I can't find anything. Thanks guys and girls!

Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2 Fobs?

I and my wife both have our keys in our pockets at all times. Even when we are in the NAH at the same time. No problem that I noticed unless she accidentally hits a button reaching for something else in her pocket.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi,

I believe in that other thread I was trying to come up with possible reasons why warning beeps (which my car always has) might not sound for other folks. Also why occasionally I (and others) get the warning beeps for no reason we can understand.

One day my wife and I were visiting the New Jersey shore and we both had our fobs. My wife wanted to leave her purse in the trunk which refused to close because she had her fob in it even though I had my fob safely in my pocket. A good safety feature but in that instance a little annoying.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=Ian33;157779]Hi,

I believe in that other thread I was trying to come up with possible reasons why warning beeps (which my car always has) might not sound for other folks. Also why occasionally I (and others) get the warning beeps for no reason we can understand.

/quote]

Well your situation did happen to us a few times when both of us did have our FOBS and I tried to lock the door. It Beeped quickly. We checked everything including if the engine was on or a door was not closed. Saw nothing wrong. It hasn't happened again in a few weeks. As I said, when my wife and I are in the car together, both of us have our I-keys with us.

Not locking the truck because your wife left the key in the truck may be annoying but it sure is a great feature.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

We ride with both fobs in the car all the time. No problems.

The only problem I've encounted is my beagle puppy chewed and destroyed my fob for our other car... and these things are too expensive to replace.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Enthusiast

my beagle ate through the seatbelt in my old car. Those I had to replace

Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Babar
my beagle ate through the seatbelt in my old car. Those I had to replace
We've lost:

lap top computer $2,000

gps $700

one key fob

three cell phones

antique doll (priceless!)

antique books (not worth a lot but hugely sentimental)

TV remote control

...and a BUNCH of other stuff. All to a couple beagles who think they are related to locusts!

The thing I miss most is the lap top. Our girl puppy ate the keys off. You can still use it... but it is so tough to try to write. You literally are pressing the metal circuit. I'm hoping we can get it fixed.

We've nicknamed the boy puppy "Popcorn Boy." He's developed the habit of jumping up like popping popcorn so that he can see over counters pop pop pop... and after he has eyeballed what he wants he starts jumping and batting at it till he can pull it onto the floor. Where ever we are in the house... when we hear that hop hop hop... we come running because we never know what they are getting into.

Last edited by Marianne; 01-15-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast

Yup, a couple of remotes, 2 phones. some wood picture frames. A 2 pound box of tobelrone chocholate. They're better now, but if we see the little one bolt out of the room suddenly, it means she's gotten something she's not supposed to have.

Sorry, off topic