Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Summary of 2007 Mid-Year Honda CEO Speech

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Summary of 2007 Mid-Year Honda CEO Speech

http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c07...ar-CEO-Speech/

[ The Next-Generation Environmental Technologies ]
<The Next-Generation Diesel>
· Honda will introduce a next-generation diesel engine, which will meet the U.S. EPA’s Tier2 BIN5 emission standard requiring NOx emission levels equivalent to a gasoline-powered vehicle, to the U.S. in 2009. Moreover, Honda decided to introduce this next-generation clean diesel engine with excellent environmental performance to Japan.

<Hybrid>
· Honda will offer a new dedicated hybrid vehicle in 2009 at a price level lower than the Civic Hybrid.

<Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV)>
· Honda added a FFV variation to the product lineup of Civic and Fit produced and sold in Brazil, and began sales of these models at the end of last year. The cumulative sales of Civic FFV and Fit FFV have already exceeded 10,000 units, and the ratio of FFV version among overall Civic sales in Brazil exceeded 50% (as of June 2007).

Ken@Japan

Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Summary of 2007 Mid-Year Honda CEO Speech

I was especially interested in his comments about home co-generation. Unfortunately, the only unit I've found is a Polar unit and they are asking $10k. Since I need to replace the AC and gas furnace, this is interesting but still pretty steep.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi Bob,
Yes, the home co-generation system is in an interesting area.
Honda uses mechanical gas engine generator as well as heat recovery, and there is another system using fuel cell generator and heat recovery.
http://www.tokyo-gas.co.jp/Press_e/20041206-2e.pdf

Ken@Japan

Last edited by ken1784; 07-22-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Hybrid True Believer

I like the idea of a redesigned Fit. It's already such a cute car. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

It kind of sounds like the next hybrid will be between a Civic and a Fit, but more of a sedan. Too bad for us hatchback lovers. ( I loved my Honda Civic Hatchback and tried to get one the last time around.) But since Honda refuses to confirm or deny anything it is a little hard to tell. Too bad as this would have amazing gas mileage even in an automatic. It's too bad if not true as they seem to be killing off the Impulse which currently has the best gas mileage.

I'm not sure my car will be running (with no issues) by 2009 but I also think 2009 doesn't exactly mean 2009 in "car speak". One thing I don't want, is to start having issues with this car.

--des

Originally Posted by ken1784
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c07...ar-CEO-Speech/

[ The Next-Generation Environmental Technologies ]
<The Next-Generation Diesel>
· Honda will introduce a next-generation diesel engine, which will meet the U.S. EPA’s Tier2 BIN5 emission standard requiring NOx emission levels equivalent to a gasoline-powered vehicle, to the U.S. in 2009. Moreover, Honda decided to introduce this next-generation clean diesel engine with excellent environmental performance to Japan.

<Hybrid>
· Honda will offer a new dedicated hybrid vehicle in 2009 at a price level lower than the Civic Hybrid.

<Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV)>
· Honda added a FFV variation to the product lineup of Civic and Fit produced and sold in Brazil, and began sales of these models at the end of last year. The cumulative sales of Civic FFV and Fit FFV have already exceeded 10,000 units, and the ratio of FFV version among overall Civic sales in Brazil exceeded 50% (as of June 2007).

Ken@Japan