Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

GM - "Thanks" <SLAP>

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Veracitorian Muser
Default Re: GM - "Thanks" <SLAP>

Originally Posted by martinjlm
Personally, as an industry guy, I think compact wagon is the best classification for HHR. But that is factoring in the things you talk about. For many consumers, that's talking over their heads and/or splitting hairs that they don't necessarily split.

Martin
I agree with you that the HHR is best referred to as a compact wagon. To me, the "Utility Vehicle" designation is a reference to enhanced off-road capabilities (or appearances thereof!) with enhanced interior cargo volume (to distinguish it from a pickup truck), which is mostly synonymous with compromised road handling and compromised interior volume (as compared to a van), not to mention ego-driven compromised-intelligence ecological-imbeciles for SUV purchasers who are not off-roaders or have need to transverse deep snow (but don't ask me how I really feel! ).

-- Alan