Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Newbie to GreenHybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Newbie to GreenHybrid

Hi all,

Greetings from sunny New Mexico. I joined GreenHybrid last week, I think, and just thought I would introduce myself. I found the site via www.priuschat.com, which is where I usually hang out.

I love my Prius and think that purchasing it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie to GreenHybrid

Hey, welcome!! Jump on in, the water's fine!

Old 03-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, welcome to GH!

Have a look around, and enjoy!

Old 04-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Pravus Prime and toast64!

Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Welcome, I see you are already taking advantage of the real mileage database. If you can lay off the AC, hot climates are best for getting the most mileage out of your car. New Mexico should be an ideal spot for a hypermiler to be from.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast

Honestly Lakedude, I haven't done much with the real mileage. I have lots of data to put in, but have not had the time. Right now we aren't too hot, actually we've been chilly. I live in SW NM in the mountains so my in town mpg isn't the best, mainly due to short trips (about 44-46 average, the 40 mpg posted was after a long haul from the lower desert into the mountain in 30 degree weather).

I was looking forward to great mpg on a trip to Phoenix, but I was driving into a 35 mph headwind. Great mpg in Phoenix though, even in the pouring rain in 45 degree weather and the heater on full blast. After the trip, I found out, after the tire sensor went off, that my tires were not inflated properly...big difference on a recent trip down to El Paso and back into the mountains (62 mpg to Deming, 53 to El Paso, roundtrip 49 mpg with 95% highway driving at speeds between 65 and 75).

So, I have another trip to Albuquerque planned this week. Wind will be at my side and back going up, coming back is another matter. But, still looking forward to way better gas mileage than my 1998 GMC Jimmy XLT 4X4...way better!

Old 04-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gilahiker
After the trip, I found out, after the tire sensor went off, that my tires were not inflated properly...
What tire sensors do you have?

Edit: Opps, never mind. I didn't bother to check which hybrid you had. I wish the Civic had this feature.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by gilahiker
Hi all,

Greetings from sunny New Mexico.
Welcome! So, you were here in Phoenix on one of the four days it rained here in the past year?

Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by AZMerf
What tire sensors do you have?

Edit: Opps, never mind. I didn't bother to check which hybrid you had. I wish the Civic had this feature.
If you're interested: http://www.vulcantire.com/smartire_sys.htm

Just have to find a place to install it. I'm going to do mine... one of these days... I need to find the free time.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Welcome to the forum! A 2006 Prius- pretty snazzy! I bet you're loving your new car, so good luck with that, and feel free to browse through our conversations for anything that might be interesting to you. New hybrid owners are my kind of people. So Congrats on the new car!

Quick Reply: Newbie to GreenHybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands