Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New HCH2 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default New HCH2 owner!

Hi all. Got my Galaxy Gray Metallic '06 Civic Hybrid last Friday in Ardmore Oklahoma. There were waiting lists in Dallas TX where I live, but there was one sitting on the lot in Ardmore. It was white, and that is my wife's only veto on any car... but the dealer was able to do a trade with a dealer in Wichita Falls to get the gray one to me the same day. Also, the dealer in Oklahoma did not hit me with the $$$ over sticker that the Dallas dealers push when you walk in the door looking for a hybrid.

This is my first Honda, as well as my first hybrid. I am excited about the fuel cost savings, but even more excited that it is so much cleaner as far as emissions go.

My advice based on my limited experience is that folks looking for a hybrid leave the big city to find one. Dealers in small towns are more likely to have one sitting on the lot, no waiting lists, and no markup.

edit: sig working now

Last edited by wross; 03-23-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: sig working now
Old 03-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New HCH2 owner!

welcome!

Your advice is well in line with what others have said, too.

Take your time to read through the forums and learn all you can- the HCHII has a whole lot of tricks up its sleeve!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome, wross! And congratulations on your new HCHII. I, too, am a first time Honda owner and I love mine. Even if you don't apply any of the lessons learned here, you're sure to get decent gas mileage, especially since you live where it is warm a good portion of the year. Happy to meet you!

Old 03-24-2006, 08:01 AM

Welcome!