Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just bought a FEH.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Just bought a FEH.

I brought my new Escape home 9-21-07. It's a black fully loaded Escape, so far I really like this car. Any tricks, tips or other general comment would be appreciated. By the way it was in stock at Cowles Parkway Ford in Woodbridge, VA.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just bought a FEH.

Welcome to the group. If you are not familiar with hypermiling techniques (fuel efficiency ) , look for post from individuals such as gpsman1 and Gary G. There is a wide variety of skilled individuals that contribute to this site and many of us--such as myself--have to thank the well educated posters for contributing to this forum.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to GH!

Please, feel free to look around, ask questions, and make use of our forums. If you haven't yet, may I suggest reading through the FEH FAQ?

Welcome to the club, and remember, enjoy your new hybrid!

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Engineering first

Welcome to the CLUB!

You're in for a treat. Just a suggestion but after the dealer tank, you might start recording your mileage. As you advance in skill and understanding, you'll be able to see the progress.

BTW, our hybrids tend to be more sensitive to cold weather. No doubt the FEH owners have some techniques to mitigate the effects. Just don't be too surprised when the frost arrives and mileage seems to fall off more than expected.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: Just bought a FEH.

Well where do I start. Have had the Escape for 2 weekst and Friday I rolled it. I was passing a car and with out warning they tured left in to me. I went off the road and ended up upside down. I got some bumps and my arm got scratched up, other than that I was OK. Had about 420 miles on it. Side airbags did there job. Must make them pretty safe. By the way I loved the Escape in the time I had it. I am getting another
The other driver (18 year old) was ticketed.
Here is a link to some cell phone pics. I'll add more when I get them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fastford...tSoGreatEscape

Last edited by Luke1975; 10-07-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Wow, that's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you're getting a new one. I would hope the kid that did that to you would get more then a ticket, but who knows?

Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Energy Independence

Just be glad you're OK.
Cars ARE replaceable.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Hello, and welcome to GH!

Please, feel free to look around, ask questions, and make use of our forums. If you haven't yet, may I suggest reading through the FEH FAQ?

Welcome to the club, and remember, enjoy your new hybrid!
Luke - first, I'm glad you're O.K. The thing we all dread with ANY new car is to get into an accident. I'm sorry you had to experience it. Yet, it's nice to know that even rolling the vehicle caused you nearly no damage. And I read in another thread that you got a new FEH that matched your other one. Good job! And I'm sure your dealer is happy to have sold both vehicles. LOL!

I'm quoting Pravus Prime's post because I'm wondering where this "FEH FAQ" is located. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks!