Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Howdy All- New here

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Howdy All- New here

Howdy All:

I hope you are all well.

I am new here and looking into information regarding hybrids. I am looking at either an Escape or a Mariner later this year.

Thank you all for being here and having such great information. I know I will be asking tons of questions and such. But hopefully I will get a hybrid soon and start to contribute information as well.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Howdy All- New here

Welcome,
I'm not sure how things are where you live, but it seems relatively easy to get either of those hybrids here in Wisconsin. How about near you? Will you have to wait, or is it more likely that you can get it off the lot?

Old 05-15-2006, 04:19 AM
Enthusiast

Howdy Eric:

Thanks for the welcome.

I test drove a FEH at the dealer about a week or so ago and I was told they had them available now and I would not have to wait. I am not sure about the MMH which is the vehicle we are leaning towards.

My only real concern now is to see if I can have an aftermarket stereo system put in by the dealer to roll it into the monthly payment. I really do not want the nav system that comes in the vehicle. I would rather have the one posted by another member in this thread-

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ghlight=stereo

Thanks again for the welcome.

Originally Posted by ericbecky
Welcome,
I'm not sure how things are where you live, but it seems relatively easy to get either of those hybrids here in Wisconsin. How about near you? Will you have to wait, or is it more likely that you can get it off the lot?

Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Why not the Toyota Highlander? There seems to be a lot more people happier with Toyota's than the American Hybrid, from what I have seen in real life and on line. Just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Contributor ($)

The Toyota is a bit more expensive than the Mariner or Escape and that could be one consideration.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I'm not going to debate the FEH/MMH against the HiHy. I'm sure there's some reason to have a HiHy...

Anyway, welcome to GH, feel free to ask questions. If you get the base stereo, you should be able to get the change without any problems.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

Howdy Everyone and thanks for the welcome.

I work for Ford. Which is why the FEH or MMH.

Originally Posted by merigayle
Why not the Toyota Highlander? There seems to be a lot more people happier with Toyota's than the American Hybrid, from what I have seen in real life and on line. Just my opinion.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aea6574
Howdy Everyone and thanks for the welcome.

I work for Ford. Which is why the FEH or MMH.

Well that makes sense! Good luck with your purchase, whatever you get you will love it, and even more as gas prices rise and rise.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Enjoy your new car (which ever you choose). You will surely love it.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have couple friends who have the Escape, non hybrid, it is the perfectly sized little SUV.
That would be my vote of the two Hopefully you can get your car soon, as gas prices are just getting higher and higher.