Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi from the Netherlands, HCHII

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hi from the Netherlands, HCHII

Hi,

Today, I have my HCHII for a week!
I've already posted a little on the HCHII subforum, and thought I'd introduce myself.

After deciding that I wanted to replace my previous car (a 2000 Accord), I test-drove a 2005 Accord, a HCHI and the HCHII. Of the 3, I liked the HCHII best. I'm a big Honda fan, and the idea to drive a high-technology car that also saves on fuel made it even more appealing to me.
I've only driven 400km with the car so far (you know that your best way to save gas is not to touch the gas pedal), and I'm happy to see that I'm already getting 30% better mileage than my Accord.

My car is Galaxy Grey with grey leather (it's a factory option here in Europe). Nav is not offered, and sadly neither is the Aux input jack. What to do, what to do.

For the Canadians that struggle with winter; I've lived in Montreal for 3 years not so long ago, and know how the cold affects fuel consumption. I remember that my Maxima would drop to as low as 14 mpg in town. The good side was that is was mostly sunny, as opposed to here, with often overcast weather.

I've already had some great help on this forum, with referrals to articles and driving techniques, and I hope to be around.

Cheers,
Arjen

Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Hi from the Netherlands, HCHII

Welcome to GreenHybrid!
Originally Posted by Scimitar
Today, I have my HCHII for a week!
I've already posted a little on the HCHII subforum, and thought I'd introduce myself.

After deciding that I wanted to replace my previous car (a 2000 Accord), I test-drove a 2005 Accord, a HCHI and the HCHII. Of the 3, I liked the HCHII best. I'm a big Honda fan, and the idea to drive a high-technology car that also saves on fuel made it even more appealing to me.
I've only driven 400km with the car so far (you know that your best way to save gas is not to touch the gas pedal), and I'm happy to see that I'm already getting 30% better mileage than my Accord.

My car is Galaxy Grey with grey leather (it's a factory option here in Europe). Nav is not offered, and sadly neither is the Aux input jack. What to do, what to do.

For the Canadians that struggle with winter; I've lived in Montreal for 3 years not so long ago, and know how the cold affects fuel consumption. I remember that my Maxima would drop to as low as 14 mpg in town. The good side was that is was mostly sunny, as opposed to here, with often overcast weather.

I've already had some great help on this forum, with referrals to articles and driving techniques, and I hope to be around.
Your HCH should really fly down the autobans yet still do pretty good in town.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Energy Independence

Welcome, Arjen.
There's so much info here - it'll blow you away. We're a pretty friendly bunch. Of course we all have our "hot buttons" - but sometimes that's half the fun! And we sometimes learn stuff, too.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:32 AM
HypoFueler

Ha we are exactly the same - I sold my 2000 Accord 5 speed for an 07 HCH2...

Though mine is silver, has the mp3 jack, no leather and I live in Ohio.

Yep - tell me what the HCH2 mpg or l/m is at 150km - Ill never get it going that fast here

Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast

Hi there,

I've not driven the car at that speed yet, the engine still needs braking in. But when that is done, I'll probably try this, although the speed limit here is 120 km/h, so you need to be careful where and when to do this. Otherwise maybe when I'm in Germany, there you really should not drive slower than 130km/h (80 mph) on the Autobahn, otherwise - sadly - you're in most peoples' way.