Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Grettings from Grandpa!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Grettings from Grandpa!

Hello Everybody,
I don't just drive like a grandpa, I am one.
I drive an 05 HCH CVT. I'm on my 4th tank of gas. My lifetime mpg is 44.2 (2242 miles). I'm still learning how to drive this thing, so I expect my mpg will improve.
I've gone from 40 to 43 to 45 and I'm 400 miles into this tank, which is getting 46.4. With warmed, drier weather (Oregon) I expect I'll be seeing better and better results.
I follow (not draft) trucks on the freeway. I figure I can drive 58 to 60 there and faster traffic would be passing the truck anyway, so I'm only a minor irritant.

Lookin forward to talking with you all.
Thanks
Glen Ray
(Grandpa)

Old 04-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Grettings from Grandpa!

Welcome, Glen. I assure you, you're not alone! There are more people your age than mine around here, I'm sure For the time being, at least.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Contributor ($)

Glen,
It's great to have an official grandpa around here! As I was reading your intro I ntoiced you wrote
...I'm 400 miles into this tank
. It's funny how commonplace it is to hear this kind of talk in these forums, but in the rest of the auto world, this statment would seem unrealistic.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
Welcome, Glen. I assure you, you're not alone! There are more people your age than mine around here, I'm sure For the time being, at least.
Just look at the polls that people took for the average age of the members of greenhybrid. Jason is by far in the minority.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands