Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Deposit for a Prius

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Deposit for a Prius

Hi there,
I just put down a deposit for a Prius, so I'm not yet an owner of a hybrid yet. I'm new to this group. I am an advocate for clean air, as I currently don't own a car, but bicycle to any place I need to go to. So I guess that makes me a green person?

Anyways, just posting here to say hi, and introducing myself to everyone.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Proudest Monkey
Default Re: Deposit for a Prius

Hi Smogless and welcome!

I'm pretty new here as well, and don't even own a hybrid (a poor college student). But I drove a 2nd generation Prius for the first time yesterday, and was incredibly impressed. I think you made a good choice IMO. Everybody here is very knowledgable and friendly, so if you have any questions go ahead and ask. If you find some interesting articles or stories about hybrids or alternative fuels, post 'em. The ensuing discussions are usually enertaining and enlightening. See ya 'round!

Old 09-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi Ron and welcome. I just picked up my new prius II last monday and i love it! 200 miles and still 3/4 of a tank full! Good luck in your purchase, i dont know where your from but here in Chicago they are quoting 6-8 months min for a new one. I suggest, go and order from several places now and take the one that comes in first. It might cost a bit to do this(ie:deposits) but you will get all your money back except the final purchase place. I have known people to do this and they have gotten a car much sooner than expected. Also, make sure you get on a waiting list at the dealers to ensure that if someone cancel's an order (doubtfull) you will be on the first to call list. Mine is a super white package 4. i wanted the blue but gave a second and third choice because i wanted a car sooner. good Luck ...........Dean

Old 09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clubford00
hi Ron and welcome. I just picked up my new prius II last monday and i love it! 200 miles and still 3/4 of a tank full! Good luck in your purchase, i dont know where your from but here in Chicago they are quoting 6-8 months min for a new one. I suggest, go and order from several places now and take the one that comes in first. It might cost a bit to do this(ie:deposits) but you will get all your money back except the final purchase place. I have known people to do this and they have gotten a car much sooner than expected. Also, make sure you get on a waiting list at the dealers to ensure that if someone cancel's an order (doubtfull) you will be on the first to call list. Mine is a super white package 4. i wanted the blue but gave a second and third choice because i wanted a car sooner. good Luck ...........Dean
Thanks Dean. The estimate I got from the dealer is 3-4 months, so I still have some time left to make the real decision. Might get it for christmas.

Thanks.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
G.H. Contributor
Wink Re: Deposit for a Prius

Originally Posted by Atomic Frog
Hi Smogless and welcome!

I'm pretty new here as well, and don't even own a hybrid (a poor college student). But I drove a 2nd generation Prius for the first time yesterday, and was incredibly impressed. I think you made a good choice IMO. Everybody here is very knowledgable and friendly, so if you have any questions go ahead and ask. If you find some interesting articles or stories about hybrids or alternative fuels, post 'em. The ensuing discussions are usually enertaining and enlightening. See ya 'round!
John Taylor; So your thinking about the Prius or the 06 HCH, I just placed order for the 06 HCH after reading everthing that I could and I have to say the HCH really impresses me. My Sister-In-Law just purchased the Prius about two months ago and it was a loaded up model and they love it so I would have to say to you that know matter which Hybrid you go for I think you will be very satisfied.
John have you seen a Pic of the 06 HCH Yet ? Click Here: http://tinypic.com/azax4n.jpg

This is the color I ordered, "Opal-Silver-Blue"

"GOOD-HUNTING-AND-LUCK"

Regards;

Terry

Soon to be a Hybrid HCH Owner:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-17-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Proudest Monkey

Terry,

I've seen the 2006 Civic Hybrid, and it looks like a pretty sweet machine. The advances they have made to the IMA over the previous generation models are fantastic. I hope your '06 is good to you, and be sure to report back on it so we all know how she handles in 'the wild'!

Old 09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Deposit for a Prius

Originally Posted by Atomic Frog
Terry,

I've seen the 2006 Civic Hybrid, and it looks like a pretty sweet machine. The advances they have made to the IMA over the previous generation models are fantastic. I hope your '06 is good to you, and be sure to report back on it so we all know how she handles in 'the wild'!
John;

Not-A-Problem; Consider

It Done; Delivery date 1st of Nov. I think, Not confirmed yet by dealer.

Terry