Just put a deposit down.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Everyone,

I want to thank everyone for all your posts, it helped me make a decision and hopefully by next Tuesday I will have my new 2005 HCH Magnesium Metallic CVT.

Once it comes in and I check it over, I will sign on the dotted line.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Please let us know how it goes.
May I please ask what was the deciding factors?

Generally this may actually be a good time to do so, as it looks like we may be in for another incoming gas price increase. (Anyone else notice the predictability of these continuous wave cycles of price increases?)

I drove mine off the lot last January while the gas prices were in their level, steady cycle and about $1.70 / gallon. At that time there was around 5 to choose from on the lot.

Shortly after the next wave increase happened again - and what an increase it was up over $2.00 / gallon. About 3 months ago I dropped by my dealership to enquire on possibly a 2nd HCH for my wife.....only to find 1-2 month wait for the next delivery.

I wonder what the panic will be when the price reaches what it was in the early 1980's (Adjusted for inflation around $2.50 / gallon)

I hate to admit but I'll probably give a smirk as I drive by the folks waiting in line to fill thier SUV with $80 worth of gas. :ph34r:

At that time I might excavate my yard and bury the Grand Caravan and use it for a nuclear fallout shelter. (Kidding of course)

Old 10-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I currently have a 2000 2.0 New Beetle and the best mpg I can get is 29 mpg. In AZ, we have seen the gas prices jump significantly and I'm working less from home because of business needs. In AZ, everything is far and the car is king.

The first time I drove the HCH I really liked it and loved the fact it was so seemless. I also like the Prius, but Its not me.

I believe gas prices are going to go up, and I don't think my VW would hold up over the long haul. I had a 1993 Civic and my family has had various Hondas - all of them went over 250,000 without any major issues other than wear and tear.

One thing I hate when buying a car is the run around, tonight it was very smooth and stress free. Did I get the best deal - no, but it was my WTP.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good Luck with your new CVT. I got a used 2004 MT in July and I have loved it so far.

I live near Broadway and 40th Street and work just off Washington and 51st Street - a short commute and I have averaged 45.8 so far after about 3300 miles.

Avoid the A/C when you can - it KILLS the MPG as you would expect....

Old 10-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lars - I work near the airport - at the Bank of America Card Center. If you see a Magnesium Metallic HCH - wave hello.