New Insight LX Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up New Insight LX Owner

Howdy Everyone:

Well, this past weekend, with no intention of buying a new car as I have been very pleased with my 2005 HCH. Besides the tranny shudder that I have been too lazy to take it to the dealers (I hate their service departments with a passion), the car never really gave me any issues.

Well, my wife got a wild hair up here rear to replace her 2008 Vue with a CRV since the vue gets crappy mileage. We drove my car to the dealer. While she was out test driving the CRV, I saw and Insight LX and was intrigued by it. I ended up test driving the car and for grins, told the sales guy lets put some numbers together and maybe you end up with two sales today.

To make a long story short, my wife could not work out a deal, but I ended up getting the insight. My monthly went up only $1! compared to what it was with my HCH.

I like the car a lot. I really like the fact that you can fold the rear seats down and carry some stuff. Something that I missed with my HCH. I tell my friends that with all the feedback systems they give the driver, I feel like I am driving a rolling video game.

What I am a bit disappointed with Honda is that they did not include the electric A/C compressor nor the highway mode in the engine like the post 2005 HCH's have. So far am I averaging around 38MPG and am still on the first tank from the dealers lot.

Will be interesting to compare notes with other owners here as time goes on.

Mike V.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Insight LX Owner

Your going to have allot of fun with that baby! Enjoy, Hal

Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Insight LX Owner

Hi Hal:

Thanks for the note. I'm pretty sure I will enjoy the ride with this. I love the sportier feel this car had over the HCH. I used to have a 97 Vette that I traded in for the HCH, so I really miss the sports car feel.

MV