XM Navtraffic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default XM Navtraffic?

XM radio offers Navtraffic, which is a service that integrates with the navigation system to update it on traffic accidents, etc. It is available in the Acura TL, a Pioneer aftermarket GPS, and another car (Cadillac?). Since the 2006 Civic looks to have both a navigation system and XM-ready radio, is there any chance we'll see Navtraffic for the Civic?

-- Frank

Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Navtraffic?

Hi Ftlum:

___I cannot say for sure that it will or will not be included in the 06 HCH-II’s NAVI unit but I did not see it in the 06 EX w/ NAVI I test drove the other day. I was not specifically looking for it and may have missed it but I did walk through the setup and menus of everything I had available to me. I simply do not remember seeing a toggle for real time Navtraffic nor did I see any OSD showing any radio traffic comm. as I was driving her out on I-94 just north of Chicago.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-22-2005, 08:28 AM

Are you sure the TL has it? I thought it was exclusive to the RL? It's called Acuralink... and I don't see it in the TL. Even though the TL has a NAV and XM options. The integration of the 2 doesn't exist.

Last edited by livvie; 09-22-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Ftlum:

___I cannot say for sure that it will or will not be included in the 06 HCH-II’s NAVI unit but I did not see it in the 06 EX w/ NAVI I test drove the other day. I was not specifically looking for it and may have missed it but I did walk through the setup and menus of everything I had available to me. I simply do not remember seeing a toggle for real time Navtraffic nor did I see any OSD showing any radio traffic comm. as I was driving her out on I-94 just north of Chicago.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Did the EX have the MPG readout on the nav unit. Cannot tell from the brochure.
The accords (05) have this feature on Nav equipped vehicles.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 AM

Hi DTDriver:
Originally Posted by DTDRIVER
Did the EX have the MPG readout on the nav unit. Cannot tell from the brochure.
The accords (05) have this feature on Nav equipped vehicles.
___I asked Reynold’s that exact same question last week and he said it did not. I test drove the Civic EX w/ NAVI the next day and indeed, the Civic EX w/ NAVI was missing the TC with the instantaneous and averaging FCD’s He mentioned as I did that this was a huge mistake on Honda’s part. They may sell more HCH-II’s because of the FCD’s but they lost sales of the EX w/ NAVI’s because of the lack of them. I bet Honda makes higher profits on the EX w/ NAVI then they do with the HCH-II with or without.

___All 7th gen (03 - 05) Accord’s w/ NAVI have the TC w/ FCD’s. I wouldn’t have purchased mine so equipped if it were not for that one feature only available with the NAVI. I have read somewhere that the 06 Accord’s w/ NAVI (non-AH’s) have had the FCD’s taken away. If this is true, that was yet another misstep by AHMC imho

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands